Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Green Banana

B

Bob J

Hi to all!
Just signed up for this board. Enjoy reading all of the comments. I started hunting in 1999 and have loved every minute of it. I go deer hunting with a group of 10-15 people in Southeastern Iowa for first shotgun season. This year we filled 13 of 15 tags. I shot a really nice buck and plan on getting a head and shoulder mount, damn the cost. The old-timers in the group said if I keep shooting big bucks every year they are going to shoot me (I shot a 150 class typical 10-pointer in 2000).
flaming.gif
I told them that I will remain humble through all this because I know it can't be this way all of the time. The taxidermist said he wants to show my buck in this year's Iowa Deer Classic. Not sure how that works, but he is throughly impressed by the animal's size given the 30 years he's been practicing.
Good hunting / Bob

yea we all would like to see it,and how much is a shoulder mount in your area.I droped
confused_em8.gif
mine off last night and its going to run $300.
Hes a little cheaper the most around here but does as good work.

Head and shoulder mount will run $400.
Pictures have not been developed yet.
It was a 15 point non-typcial with a preliminary score of around 188. Beautiful deer and a real fighter.

I am a part time taxidermist. You should tell him that if he wants to put it in the Iowa deer classic, that he should know some of the price off. It is only advertising for him with your animal. Just a suggestion to knock some of the price down.

Antlerman,

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking the same thing and your comment confirms it.

Bob

Top Bottom