Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Green Fence Options??? (Screen)

jlarson007

I have a couple of existing plots that I would like put a "privacy fence" around. They are not perfectly square and one side of each plot is along the timber line. I was thinking of just doing a 4 to 8 ft wide strip of switchgrass along the outside edges. I would like to only plant this once and then maintain it for future years. But if someone would have some more ideas I would certainly listen.

And I should add that I dont want to add this to keep peoples eyes off my plots as they sit well off any road but I would like to try and promote a safe environment to perhaps persuade the deer into coming into them earlier in the evening. Thanks

Last edited:
There may be a better grass for this than switchgrass. I'm not up on my grasses, but I can recall reading about a type that is taller and more resistant to flattening in the wind and snow.

Egyptian wheat or a product from fridge forage called plot screen. I've used it myself and works great

Photo from this year.

ForumRunner_20120920_170655.jpg

Top Bottom