Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ground Blind Ideas Wanted

arrowsmith

I would like to get ideas from you people who use ground blinds. What type do you prefer, commercial or something from natural surroundings. Please describe the details of the blind, what terrain works best and describe which commercial blinds and/or what natural terrain you prefer. I would like ideas for deer hunting in predominantly agricultural areas such as most of Iowa.

[This message has been edited by Arrowsmith (edited 03-24-2002).]

I used an Ameristep brand, penthouse model this year for bowhunting. I had real good success placing it at the end of rows of round hay bales. Blends in real nice and is just about the same size. My only complaint about this blind is that the shooting windows are too low for me. I have to shoot out the top window openings. I just unzipped it enough to let the arrow get through. I also use the outhouse model for muzzle loading from. A small propane heater will keep you nice and warm also. I like them. Good luck. Jay

Lay out a three sided or four sided blind with steel fenceposts...then wrap a length of woven wire fencing around the posts. Take grass, brush, and small tree limbs....weave them in through the woven wire. These work nice next to fence lines where deer like to travel or next to an open area where there is no natural cover.

[This message has been edited by Rembrandt (edited 03-21-2002).]

The best blind on the market is the Titan 5 from Double Bull. Easy to put up and take down. Very solid contruction, won't flap in the wind.

I'd have to agree with smokepole, double bull blinds are the best. I have one of their smaller blinds and I've hunted 2 out of it fairly comfortably. The larger blind hunts 2 or 3 pretty good. Having a good commercial portable blind is nice if you need to get up and move to a different location.

We do have a natural blind made from fence posts placed between 2 large cottonwood trees and then stretched hogwire all around it. Weave vegetation into the wire and slap a big woodtarp on top of it, works like a champ for hunting when a bunch of us get together and basically want to just hang out in the timber.

if you want a homebrew one, get a rake and rake all the leaves out of the was so its just peer dirt, that was you wont hit a leave, and send the deer or turkey off into another state. haha WELL, just get some trees to put infront of you, or get the ameristep one, and just rake out inside it and you got the best blind u can think of!

Top Bottom