Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Grouping problem

lxshooter

Has anyone ever heard of a arrow being to short to shoot with broadheads? The reason I ask is because I'm shooting the same arrows with broadheads that I shot with field tips and now that I have broadheads on them they don't shoot worth a crap. I shot a longer arrow and they shoot decent. Does anyone have a clue to whats wrong with this situation?

LX there are lots of things that can be wrong. Did you try giving the nocks a slight turn one direction or another? Dumb question but are you sure they are the same weights? Where are they grouping at now. Sometimes it takes trying a lot of different broadheads to get the exact arrow flight and result with your broadheads. Good Luck

Sounds like something to do with arrow spine and/or what Supertec mentioned. Fill us in with more info like where the broadheads are hitting in relation to the FT.

I have always heard that an arrow should balance on another at 1/3 away from the fixed broadhead and 2/3 from the fixed nock.

and if ALL ELSE fails, shoot the little bit longer arrows. an inch or two longer ain't hurting you in any way. that would be the lazy man's way out.

hey buddy, i bet i can solve your problem. go get your old bow back. that winner's choice string probably made it a tack driver

grin.gif

Supertec is right, could be a number of things. If the longer arrow is flying well and is the same spine as the shorter arrows, the shorter arrows are probably too stiff. If the short arrows and the long arrows are different spines, that's like comparing apples to oranges. Are you shooting fixed blade heads or mechanicals? I personally feel that fixed blade heads are more susceptible to shooter error at higher arrow velocities (IE over 250-260 fps). Give us some more info about your setup (bow, arrows, point weight, draw weight, draw length, etc), maybe we can figure it out.

I'm shooting a Hoyt X-tec 68 lbs, I'm shooting Axis arrows with 100 grain steel force broadheads. In relation to the arrow grouping one will fly far to the right then I'll shoot another and that will fly high left then the next is a foot high. I didn't shoot it this weekend because I was muzzleloader hunting but I also tried muzzy, thunder head, spitfire mechanicals, razorbacks and some cheap wal-mart brand. The only ones that flew good were the Axis arrows with the razor backs on them.

Top Bottom