Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Growth

kevpann

PMA Member
Just curious how long will a clover, rye and a brassica plot grow? Do they quit growing at the first hard frost or does it take several hard frosts, until they are done for the year?

Check out Dbltree's corner at the top of the management page. You'll find all of your answers in the various threads whether it's clover, brassicas or cereal grains

All of my stuff has stopped growing. Not from cold,,from drought. Got a good start back in Aug,,but stayed small from lack of rain. Crops went out,what was left deer hammered, no water to regrow,,so,,basically no food plots. Pretty much the same last fall. Even new rye could not germinate.Quite amazing you can't get rye to germinate in Iowa! Signs of the changing times....

I know what your talking about lone. I'm lucky enough to have my plots close to house have about 700 feet of garden hose. brassicas were getting pretty dry watered all week and what the hose can reach has come back pretty nice. Just wondering how much more growth I'd get after this cold front blows threw.

An acre of land,,getting an inch of water equals 27,000 gals of water! I have about a 1/2 acre I've thot of watering,,but 13,000 gals would be a bit costly.

If you are a livestock farmer, for example, pumping from a well, I'd imagine you can write off your elec bill or a portion for pumping the water. Farmers cheat the irs in worse ways!

Lucky,,put out a rain guage if sprinkling. figure I could maybe afford a 1/4 inch. Sad this has come to pass in an Ag state like Iowa?

Top Bottom