Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Grunt tube freezing up?

My reed style grunt tube is freezing up after using/ moisture from breath. I took the reed out and turned it around and now I have to inhale in order for it to work. Multiple use reeds, you may have to rotate the reed to get what sound you want. Mine is set for buck grunt only now, but better than no call at all.

What's the name of the Particular call? I use a Buck Roar , and I keep it in my pocket for warmth until time to use. Also, do not keep the little black O-ring on the call. I take that off so I can make calls on it easier. I believe that would put on the trophy buck setting all the time and I can make softer grunts with it now than when I had the O- ring on it, which made it harder to do softer grunts/blow into the tube. I keep other grunt calls/cans with me so I can do the other calls.

Maybe you want to buy an Extinguisher Deer Call? Claims that they don't freeze.

Try out a true talker. I've used a few different ones over the years and always resort back to this proven call. Have never had it freeze. Coldest I've hunted was -21 and although my eyelids were freezing shut when I blinked, this call performed perfectly.

Try out a true talker. I've used a few different ones over the years and always resort back to this proven call. Have never had it freeze. Coldest I've hunted was -21 and although my eyelids were freezing shut when I blinked, this call performed perfectly.

I have a HS Supertalker, which hadn't much of a problem with it freezing but opted and always gotten better response from the buck roar. I've heard really good things, though, about the original true talker and probably the newer talker line.

I carry two flex tone grunt calls. I always have a backup in case one freezes up. I also keep one inside my jacket so that it does not freeze up. Kind of a pain having it there but really a pain when a giant is 80 yards out and your grunt call is frozen up.

I have a true talker, never had it freeze had other ones freeze all the time. To be honest don't even think about it anymore, problem of the past

I use a true talker (probably about 6-7 years old), and have had it freeze on me during cold weather hunts, if using it a lot. Keep it in my pocket to keep warm now, and I don't tend to blind call as much these days either.

Top Bottom