Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

GSM Stealth Camera

S

sddeerhunter

Our store finally got some of these $80 cameras in, and as a benefit of being employed there, I get to do "product testing". So I wanted to put it through it's paces. I intentionally set it up facing south to see if the sun would mess with the laser and there has been a couple of days where the temperature was in the mid 90s. This cheap camera did it's job fine. No false readings. Only had 17 pictures but that was because I couldn't wait any longer. Here are a preview examples.

Attachments

• 28790-03ct1a.jpg
    28790-03ct1a.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 184
Another one.
No Muddy, this isn't a mulie.

Attachments

• 28791-03ct1b.jpg
    28791-03ct1b.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 170
Nice pics!
Id be interested in the batteries. I have heard that these unit guzzel the juice like a big block chevy going 80 into the wind on the interstate.
893shocked-thumb[1].gif

Just to let you know Vman, I'm going on 18 days on the first set of batteries. My only concern so far is that the laser is too wide. I'm gettting alot of pictures with just a face of the deer. It was easy fixed with some electric tape on the outside edges. It's been pretty impressive so far, so much so that I'm not returning it to store stock. Well worth the money, especially if you don't want to spend $200+ or possibly electricute yourself making your own.
wstupid.gif

Here's another pic from the next roll. Should be a nice one in a year or 2.

Attachments

• 29283-03scc.jpg
    29283-03scc.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 181
If you know how to grow them in gravel, I'm all ears. I'd love to have a section full of trees, but it's a big adrenaline rush to be eye to eye with them in CRP, Indian grass and corn. I'm probably the only bowhunter that doesn't own a treestand. Ground blinds and spot/stalk are the only techniques that work up here. Muddy better have his hiking boots when he comes up here. The nice thing about it is that you can see them 4 miles away and get setup to try and intercept them. Plus, I can't sit still for more than a hour in a tree, so it's probably for the best. I don't know how you guys do it.

Needless to say, Arbor Day isn't a huge holiday at our house.

Attachments

• 29287-gulches 008c.jpg
    29287-gulches 008c.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 161
wait a second......I think King Kong Muddy has a Mulie spotted out in the East.

Attachments

• 29328-spoof.jpg
    29328-spoof.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 168
I see,
I spent some time west of pierre awhile back. It was on hwy34, just before the cheyenne rive. Big county, with lots of mulies.

Be careful when setting up the camera towards cornfields. I just got a whole roll of film of just the corn because of false readings.
kickass.gif
I have a few other pictures from other rolls that worked fine though but in a different location.
wink.gif
I am putting it back out this weekend in another location and hope that I get better results.

Now all you need is a camera with a 20X zoom!
jester.gif

I see a Stealth Cam MC2-G on Cablea's web site for $80 bucks. Is this the same one?
The Sheels web site need some work
smirk.gif

It's the same camera Scout. Finally ran the batteries down after 5 roles of film, nearly a month of use. Got a couple new bucks posing for me, I'll put them on soon.
And I agree, our website sucks. I was told that we're not trying to use the internet as a sales medium, like the evil empire does.
Pictures to follow soon.

I'm tempted to pick one up this week to take on a Canada bear hunt the 23rd. I could get some nice pic's! But what to do... buy some deer tags or a camera? This hunt has me a little strapped for cash. Darn gas prices! It's those Republicans! (okay it's the new HD Fatboy in the garage
waytogo.gif
)

Top Bottom