Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Guess I won't be drinking Starbucks anymore!

teeroy

Life Member
no idea if its true, but its interesting

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Guess I won't be drinking Starbucks anymore! ! !

Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees and to request that they send some of it to the troops there. Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should not support them by buying any of their products! I feel we should get this out in the open. I know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting street -to-street and house-to-house.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you can discard it and no one will never know.

Thanks very much for your support . I know you'll all be there again when I deploy once more.

Semper Fidelis.
Sgt. Howard C. Wright
1st Force Recon Co
1st Plt PLT

PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS . ALLOW IT TO BE PASSED TO ALL IN MEMORY OF ALL THE TROOPS WHO HAVE DIED SO THAT WE MAY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE TO SUPPORT THEM OR NOT! ! !

Also, don't forget that when the Twin Trade Towers were hit the fire fighters and rescue workers went to Starbucks because it was close by for water for the survivors and workers and Starbucks charged them! ! !

JUST A NOTE TO THIS: STARBUCKS HAD STORES ON SEVERAL MILITARY BASES IN THE UNITED STATES. THEY ARE NOW BEING REMOVED BECAUSE OF THIS. GO GET 'EM AMERICA . STAND-UP FOR OURSELVES!

</div></div>

I have heard this a few times as well.....no idea about the validity either.

Here is something interesting though....are there Sportsmans Warehouses in Iowa? Same thing as Gander/Cabelas/etc...well..not the same, but you know what I mean.

I bought a pair of shoes there last week and while making the purchase I showed them my military ID because you get 5% off which I always thought was nice - better than nothing. The guy behind the counter goes "That's such BS" when he saw my ID.....immediately I was ready to do battle. He then says "It's BS that you guys only get 5% when the boy and girl scouts get 10%". Now I'm all for any kind of organization (especially as a boy scout growing up) that is here for the better good of society, but this day and age isn't that rather odd? I think it's great they give them 10% - why not just make it 10% across the board? I'm not complaining...I just thought it was odd.

its stuff like that, that really shows how stupid people really are. ive HEARD that starbucks is owned by some middle eastern people and thats why they wont support our troops. the sad thing is that no matter how many people read that, some are still going to buying it because they dont care. i dont really care if you dont support the war because everyone has a right to their own opinion but to not support the people who risk their lives everyday to protect our freedoms is bulls#*t!!! they should take those people over there and use them for shields.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CamoMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you'll be back to Starbucks soon - check out the following link: http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp
This is a derivative of an internet rumor that started back in 2004. </div></div>

that is the first time i have seen that. i know you cant always believe what you see on the net but there still is others out there that are true..... the way people are now its almost hard not to believe it.... that kinda stuff just gets the blood boiling alittle bit.....

I bit on a couple of these internet 'facts' early on, and learned my lesson. Snopes.com is a great place to check out any internet rumor. Just type in something like 'Starbucks' and 'troops', and you can find this one on the site. They do a great job on this site of giving the age and history of the rumor. Surprisingly, every so often, one shows up to be true. However, if it's dramatic, or intended to stir people up - it's probably not.

I understand the snopes site....but Boca has a program that has been implemented especially for our troops. Plus it's to easy to have it delivered every month.....papa loves his coffee.

any word on that snopes site about obamma not covering his heart for the pledge of allegiance?

I dont know if anyone else on here has been to sandbox but their coffee stations they have over there are better then starbucks coffee any day of the week, I wish they had them in the states. Their chocolate coffee smoothies are THE BEST. Name of the coffee station in Iraq that I went to is Green Bean Coffee and they got A LOT of my money while I was there. So you guys can keep your starbucks, for those who like it.

Top Bottom