Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Guess Who!

ironwood

This is all I can post for now.
547guess_who.jpg

well, it's not teeroy cuz i know he can't hit a turkey with his bow. and unless vman, limb, or onecam got hoyts it's not them either.

if that's your youngest son "curlylocks chicken legs" it will raise my eyebrows!!

well, coming from the guy who was bawling about not being able to get a bird for 4 weeks, that is pretty big talk. plus, i have never missed a turkey with my bow.....can you say the same?
plus, i wouldn't be caught dead having my picture taken with a hoyt. i have too much self respect for that
smirk.gif

well let's narrow this picture down; in the right hand we have a hoyt bow, the part of the body we see is apparently sporting an ironwood type shirt(but it's not ironwood), and whoever it is in the picture is apparently holding ironwoods son's head in his left hand........or wait a minute maybe that's a turkey, ahhhhh too much hair/feather like substance in that left hand to tell exactly sure if that's a ironwoods son's head or a turkey.
grin.gif
maybe it's your other son!
waytogo.gif

SplitG3 you should star on CSI. This is a first for this hunter.

The hair comments are much appreciated, keep em coming.

Easy Teeroy easy
[ QUOTE ]
i wouldn't be caught dead having my picture taken with a hoyt

[/ QUOTE ]

well ironwood i have come to the conclusion that in the left hand of the lucky hunter is your sons head, so therefore it's gotta be your wife! by the way does your son's hair ever get caught in briars?
grin.gif
waytogo.gif

I am waiting for the lucky hunter to expose them self
doah.gif
I mean reveal their identity. Does kind of look feminine
grin.gif

30571-green1.gif
Come on post already.
smileys-wut.gif
we're trying muddy's patience here. Curlylocks may not be safe at the rendezvous if we don’t get some info out here.

if it's curlylocks chicken legs he's probably forgot his password to log on with. maybe he'll get a 3rd profile??
wink.gif

Sorry it took so long, guys. Out of town all yesterday. That and the big sister's home from college monopolizing the computer.
grin.gif

Happened this last Sunday. All season I had been chasing a big speckled white bird, but after deciding that morning that my chances at that bird were pretty slim, I decided to move to a spot where my odds were significantly greater. I moved the Double Bull to a big corn field and ended up sitting as far back as possible, about 800 yards from the road. I set up on the edge of the switchgrass buffer strip that runs between the entire zigzagging south side of the field and the river. I was setup by 9:30 or 9:45, prepared to sit until dark. For a while I thought I would have to. All I saw before 3:00 was a big tom strutting for a couple hens over 600 yards away. Around 1:30 I heard a single gobble across the river behind me. I yelped twice and put the call down, thinking that they knew where I was and probably wanted to go out there anyway. Everything was quiet until sometime until about a quarter to 3:00. A couple times I heard stems of switchgrass break, and soon after that I heard a couple of clucks. I picked up my slate and clucked back. They clucked again, I clucked again, and, not wanting to push my luck, I set the call down intent on waiting them out. 15-30 minutes later a GIANT tom walked out of the grass 35 yards away. I didn't waste any time drawing, but probably could have taken more time aiming. I sent the arrow right over his back, and he hopped off a few yards (until he was just out or bow range, of course), and started feeding again. About that time, 5-10 seconds after the shot I spotted two good toms ten yards away, the better of the two following the switchgrass edge towards my decoys. I drew when he was out of my window, aiming for the window he was walking towards. By that time he was only a yard or two away talking to the deces. I've been telling people I could have stuck an arrow through the blind and stuck him.
grin.gif
I decided that was too close to try to move for a shot, so I waited until he was 19 yards away standing in front of a cornstalk I had ranged at 20 yards and facing straight away. I released, and it looked like the arrow bounced off of his back. He took off flying with one leg hanging. By the angle he took, it looked like he had cleared the rain swollen river. The other two toms just walked off nervously. At that point I called dad, who finished up the archery shoot in Indianola and headed out my way with my brother and cousin. I met them at a bridge a half mile down the road, and we huffed a mile back on my bird's side of the river. We finally got to the area where he flew over. Fortunately, a small bean field made for only a thin strip of vegetation along the river bank, and we stumbled into him almost immediately. Everybody else was in a slight dip and out of my sight when my cousin found him. I heard "Nate, I found him!" and the flopping of wings, and ran over ready for a shot. When I got there, my cousin was backing off to give me a shot, but dad was still trying to head the bird off. I yelled "Get out dad! I'm gonna shoot him!" Dad made one more attempt to grab the bird, and the tom got just enough air under him to set his wings and sail, where else, back across the river.
doah.gif
I let him have it on the opposite bank, and my cousin and I ran back to my truck to go after the bird, leaving my brother and dad to watch in case he managed to scramble off. It all ended with a less than stellar example of marksmanship, but a good tom nonetheless. 10 1/4 inch beard, 1 inch spurs, 20 lbs. Not bad for a first bow bird!
yay.gif
icon_ban2.gif
not_ripe.gif

482Nates_2004_bow_bird_005resized.jpg

Way to go man! I was going to guess that was you because the shirt looked like one you had on in the group picture with your dad's deer. Anyway congrats on a nice bird!
beerchug.gif

Top Bottom