Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gun Rights

TINA, YOU FAT LARD, COME GET SOME HAM!

This post is very informative... was very informative. I recently purchased a TC .50 cal with a thumbhole stock in anticipation of higher gun and ammo taxes to come. Sounds like it might become illegal under potentially new legislation. Interesting...

If they are banned it only means you cant buy or import new weapons of that kind into the country, but you will be able to use what you own, and still buy pre-ban weapons,mags,stocks,scopes, etc. that are already here.

T

You really need to take the blinders off sometimes. Everything you post is the same. It's alway "this is what i think and that's all that matters." Have you ever actually sat down and thought about a post or an issue before responding with some childish BS? If you were to have a logical thought rather than arguing for the sake of arguing you might have better time making friends.

And about people wishing they were where you are in your avitar. Some of use have to work and have families and responsibilities to take care of. You know, those of use that are adults.....

kudos to you sir!! It is funny on some of typ 250 posts on other websites he has posted info/photos of others and claimed them as his own. After being called out on "his photos" he plays it off as a joke and then admits where they actually came from. I would never take any of the stories or photos he presents on this site to be truthfull or reputable in any way. Every shed he finds or animal that he harvest should have a giant question mark by it until it is deemed legal by the appropriate authorities. And Mr Typ 250 you can make fun of me all you want saying I dont know how to hunt and how much better you are and my only response to that is "I have a clean record and have never been issued a citation from the DNR" which is more than you can ever say. The only thing worse than a criminal is a lying criminal, which Typ 250 you are both. As pointed out earlier, his criminal record is public knowledge. [/quote]

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd123/nikkit97/img005.jpg

UMMMM, who really shot this???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RIDGERUNNERS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If they are banned it only means you cant buy or import new weapons of that kind into the country, but you will be able to use what you own, and still buy pre-ban weapons,mags,stocks,scopes, etc. that are already here. </div></div>

That is 100% true. Their effort to make all the current gun owners feel like they're getting away unscathed. Unfortunately, future generations are screwed.

On the gun rights issue if any of you honestly believe that you have nothing to worry about than you are seriously mistaken. If you have the attitude of sure, ban the semi-autos, handguns, 50 cals and black guns you are in for a big surprise. Like has been said before, give an inch and they'll take a mile. Even though you personally may not own or wish to own one of these firearms it is your guaranteed right to do so if you choose. The issue is larger than gun rights. It's about personal rights and freedoms as a whole. If your gun rights start to be limited what's next? Search and seizure? Free speech? RELIGION? Hopefully Mr. Obama will not attack the rights of the citizens of this country but if it happens we need to be ready to defend our rights in DC!

In the words of Mr. Heston,

"From my cold dead hands!!!!"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So antlerfreak, you and T friends again? Or have I got you confused with somebody else?

The 'Bonker</div></div>

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

I am not a member of the NRA and don't foresee joining anytime soon and as hard as it has been to read some of these posts one must remember that this was just a plug to join the organization. As I have traveled around and talked to people this seems to be the only issue that the Republican party has left besides screaming about abortion and it is making the party look horrible. We are a system of elected representatives and most people who voted R are just sore right now and raising this issue to continue to fight on about the elections. The Supreme Court has recently said that the second amendment right to bear arms is an individual right. If history shows, they will not revisit the issue for at least a couple generations if not longer. Minor changes to any area of the law happen all of the time, back and forth, back and forth, depending upon the power sway. Just because you can't buy an automatic with a thumbhole stock next year, doesn't mean you won't be able to buy 100 of them in five years once the pendulum swings again. If we truly are on the slippery slope towards losing the right to private ownership, why isn't the NRA taking all the money they have and buying guns to distribute to the masses? Are you buying guns for your neighbors in case the government comes after your neighborhood? Presently I'm only concerned about how many whitetails I'll miss this weekend because I can only load five shells in my semi-auto. Everyone have a safe and fun shotgun season. Find your wounded deer. Enjoy the people you hunt with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Coldone</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The Supreme Court has recently said that the second amendment right to bear arms is an individual right. If history shows, they will not revisit the issue for at least a couple generations if not longer. Minor changes to any area of the law happen all of the time, back and forth, back and forth, depending upon the power sway. </div></div>

Yes, the Supreme Court found for Heller and the rest of America, but does Mr. Heller have a permit yet? I’m not 100% sure because I haven’t kept up with it, but last I knew DC denied his application based on the type of gun he was trying to obtain a permit for. So even though the courts have found there to be a personal right to keep and bear arms it seems as if we are always in Poe’s pit, and the pendulum, much like the Sword of Damocles, is swinging ever closer to our rights.

This will be even more true if President Elect Obama gets to stack the Supreme Court during his tenure. So in less than a generation the pedulum will have swung and the sword will have fallen and the rights and freedoms I have today will not be enjoyed by my grandchildern.

"Sky is falling" rhetoric? I kinda hope so, but I'm afraid not.

The 'Bonker

After reading this thread and a few others I've decided to join the NRA and renew my PMA. My IBA membership is a given but it deserves to be added.

THANKS!!!!

Top Bottom