Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gun Safe

shadowpeople

I'm considering purchasing a gun safe. No idea where to begin. I know I obviously want to put some guns and important documents in it. How did you make a decision as to what safe is right for you?

What brands?

Important features?

Warranty?

Really like my Liberty lifetime warranty if subjected to a fire or break-in attempt price competetive. Only thought would be they all seem to think optimistically on the amount of space offered err on the side of large jmo

Sent from my iPhone using IW

harleyjohnc said:
Really like my Liberty lifetime warranty if subjected to a fire or break-in attempt price competetive. Only thought would be they all seem to think optimistically on the amount of space offered err on the side of large jmo

Light and dehumidifier pretty much necessities handgun hanger for inside of door ir real nice

Also light and dehumidifier are pretty much necessities handgun hanger for inside of door is nice addition for otherwise wasted space jmo

Check out Cannon safes. I went through this a handful of years ago and there are a lot of great brands, but for me, it came down to Cannon. Their warranty is one of the best. After doing some research and talking to dealers, I found out that most safe companies will, after confirming your warranty issue, have you pay (about $250) to ship it back to the company for warranty repair or replacement and then have you pay an additional $250 or so to have it shipped back to you. Cannon covers 100% of all shipping costs on warranty issues. So with other safes, you pay, say, $1800 for a good one and then if you have a warranty issue, another $500 to get it fixed. Not with Cannon. I know there are one or maybe two other safe companies that cover warranty shipping (Liberty might be one of them), but unless things have changed, most don't. That was the ultimate selling point for me. I have the Cannon C-35 and love it. Holds 28 long guns, has the door panel for pistols and 2 storage shelves for ammo and other valuables. I've all ready outgrown it and will be buying another Cannon based on their warranty, alone.

Depending on where you live, you will most likely want a dehumidifier, as suggested above. Lights are great add-on items if you have it in a dark room. Never needed a light, myself, but I have a dehumidifier.

Last edited:
For my next safe, capacity will be first on the features list. You'll be surprised how quick it fills up. I can't remember what brand mine is but I outgrew it in less than a year.

I should have also mentioned looking at the fire rating. Every quality safe maker will have various models with various capacities. Find the one with the best warranty (manufacturer specific) and fire rating (model specific) and then get the capacity you want. I would make warranty and fire rating your top features and then work your way down from there.

ive got an american security gun safe id sell for 1500 its 40w x60t x 26d holds 48 long guns but ive had more in it, plus has adjustable shelves,it wieghs 1060 or 1090lbs it is a bf cascade series [burglary-fire]locking dial combo[key]and a charchol paint with a textured finish ,,the only reason im selling it is my son died ... you can get a new 1 deliverd to your door for 3100

One that I will be looking after I purchase my home will be a Zanotti Gun Safe. Made in Waterloo Iowa. I know many law enforcement officers that have great experiences with them. Also they can be disassembled in case you have to move.

Top Bottom