Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gun season

Deere1

Does anyone know if I buy my daughter a gun 1 tag and she does not fill it can she try and fill it gun 2 ? I know u can do this with a youth tag but I did not buy one this year we were unable to go.

No.. I believe besides an actual youth season tag, the only way you can hunt both first and second gun season is to have a landowner tag

You cannot buy a gun 1 tag and then try to fill it Gun 2. There would be no point in having two seasons then. Youth tag and landowner tag are the only options to where you could do this.

That is not correct regarding a youth tag it is good for all seasons except the youth can only hunt one or the other shotgun seasons not both. And a note party hunting is not allowed with a youth tag.

Does anyone know if I buy my daughter a gun 1 tag and she does not fill it can she try and fill it gun 2 ? I know u can do this with a youth tag but I did not buy one this year we were unable to go.
With the regular state wide tag you daughter can only hunt the specified season the tag is for.

Last edited:
That is not correct with a youth tag it is good for all seasons except the youth can only hunt one or the other shotgun seasons. And a note party hunting is not allowed with a youth tag.

Also, no party hunting with a Youth Tag during shotgun correct?

Thanks for replies I thought that sounded wrong when I heard it. I think the person I was talking with was thinking youth tag.

Buy doe only for one season and any sex for the other. Just make sure you have a doe tag for every county you hunt. I buy 2nd season doe tags to hunt with my group then either sex for late muzzy when I hunt by myself. We are pretty selective and because I buy multiple tags my group is fine with tagging my buck for me 2nd shotgun if I shoot one. I'm very selective and no other group members hunt late muzzy.

Buy doe only for one season and any sex for the other. Just make sure you have a doe tag for every county you hunt. I buy 2nd season doe tags to hunt with my group then either sex for late muzzy when I hunt by myself. We are pretty selective and because I buy multiple tags my group is fine with tagging my buck for me 2nd shotgun if I shoot one. I'm very selective and no other group members hunt late muzzy.

You can buy as you do, muzzy and one shotgun season, but not for both shotgun seasons. It is one or the other, not both, even when putting the antlerless into play.

Top Bottom