Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gunrunr takes down a management 8

gunrunr

Life Member
I really got a late start hunting this year due to too much time in the combine. Ten rainy days really shut us down and extended the harvest season but about 10 days ago it was "Game On." I've probably over hunted my Honey Hole spot but it is so perfect with numerous scrape lines intersecting, lots of rubs, water nearby and out in the middle of absolute nowhere with a nice little clover plot(I don't even think you can get there from here). Too many times already I have sat there and saw practically nothing - quite discouraging. Seeing we would have a NE wind tonight I knew I had to get back in there as that is the most perfect wind ever for this stand. Wind in my face all the way in and blowing towards a big steep bank the deer hardly ever come through. I had barely gotten strapped into the stand, arrow nocked, everything all ready for the sit and got about 2 pages into my paperback novel when I heard him coming. I knew by the deliberate heavy crunch in perfect rhythm that it was no squirrel so I put the book down, picked up the bow and stood up. No sooner had I done that but I looked up and saw him coming. With the high sweeping tines and huge browtines I immediately knew I was going to try to take him. I drew the bow before he stepped out into the clearing and had the pin on him squarely. I let out a little bleat as he passed by at 25 yards and he stopped Oh-So perfectly and I let it rip. I must have made the perfect shot as I saw him do an end-over-end roll less than 50 yards away. My arrow was laying there in the clover field in front of me. I looked at my cell phone for the time and it wasn't even 3:00 pm yet! I managed to ssit still in the stand for an hour but decided to get him cleaned up, drug out and loaded before the sun set which is so much easier than in the dark.

He's a good management 8 pointer with 10" G2's and a 9" brow tine amd 18" inside spread. he broke off one G2 and has one huge extra brow tine hook. I hunt only my own land and try to manage the deer as best I can. This was a good one to get out of the gene pool so I am tickled. Now that my landowner tag is filled, its time for some serious head hunting! Booner's Beware - Gunrunr is coming for you!

2007broken8.jpg

thats a dandy!!!!!
Congrats on a "management" buck that will look super sweet on your wall!!!!

That a kid Boyd. Nice buck!! I can't believe you didn't give me a call to let me know you smoked a good one? Rough score??

I would love to have those browtines in my gene pool. Send all them tall browed eight points my way. Nice buck good job.

hoofline.gif

Nice deer Boyd, Congrats! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<span style="color: #000099">Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; </span>Details Here!<span style="color: #000099">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

hoofline.gif

Top Bottom