Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

H&R ultra slugger

B

BRONCOMJT

Now that seasons come to an end I would like to send off the H&R for a lighter trigger. I'm thinking 2 1/2 to 3 lbs. Can anyone recomend a good gunsmith? I know it's just a cheap single shot but man can these things shoot.
grin.gif

Thanks Bill I tried calling them today but had no luck. Will pursue it a little more.
wink.gif

they may still be shut down for the holiday, i think they were taking a long break. while they have your reciever, you could always have them fit it for another shotgun barrel

you could also go to graybeardoutdoors.com, scroll down to the NEF forums, and in the FAQ's post, there should be instructions to lighten the trigger yourself

Here is a gunsmith that works on H & R ultra slugs

View previous topic
30577-rotflmao1.gif
View next topic
ohboy

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:22 am Post subject: Ultra slug deluxe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David would you consider putting together a package for a ultra slug deluxe with your trigger job, base bedding and glass bedding the forearm and any other goodies you could think of . I am interested in the 20 gauge and one of my friends is interested in the 12 gauge. Please let me know.

Monthony
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:47 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ohboy
We will do the Trigger Job, Pillar and Glass bed the forend, Modify the base to 8-40 screws and Recrown the barrels For $150 each.
Kim

ohboy

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:18 am Post subject:

Kim would you be able to pickup a ultra slug deluxe shotgun or is it easier for me to buy one and send it to you ?? If so could you give me a price for the everything.

Monthony
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:05 pm Post subject:

ohboy
I work through a local dealer and he actually sells the firearms and we do the work. I will get you a price tomorrow. He will have to send to a local FFL near you. But it may be as cheap as shipping it to me. that way there would only be shipping one way. Only problem I see is I need a case to ship it to you in. I do have a case here that I believe I could ship both guns in for $25. No PROMISIS but I think.

Thanks, Kim

Matt

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:10 am Post subject:

Kim,
I'm actually looking to do the same thing as ohboy. I was just about to make a post, and saw this one....I would be interested in the 20 gauge also. Could you get me a price on the USH-Deluxe too?

Thank you.

Monthony
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:14 am Post subject:

ohboy, Matt

I stopped in on Friday to get prices, George was out, Left message. This weekend was the last weekend of the hunting season here, so he was either busy or hunting (me too)!
Here is what I know.
George works with us on a 10% markup, over his cost. He is a small country dealer, so his price level is not as good as a big store. But he is fair and honest!
One thing to remember is you will be saving shiping one way by using George, but he will have to ship it when finished to a FFL near you. Depending on where you live and what the FFL charges you you may save a bit or it may cost a few $ more.
I will stop buy again today and remind him to get me the prices.
Thanks, Kim

ohboy

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:05 pm Post subject:

Thanks Kim keep us informed

Matt

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:29 pm Post subject:

Thank you!

Matt

Monthony
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:42 pm Post subject:

OK

I stoped by and got the prices.

Walnut stocked $210
Camo laminate $250

He has a 12 ga. in walnut in stock, would have to shop around for the others. But he has quite a few distributors to deal with.

Let me know if interested.
Thanks, Kim

Matt

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:51 pm Post subject:

Hi Kim,
I would be interested in the Camo laminate in 20 gauge.

Thanks

ohboy

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:46 pm Post subject:

Kim i am interested in placing an order for a 12 gauge Ultra Slug Deluxe (SB2-988) camo laminate. Can i send you a Money Order in the amount of $250 for the gun now and when you get it in I'll send you a money order for $150 to have the work completed. Please let me know

Monthony
Site Admin

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:20 am Post subject:

Matt, Ohboy

I would just as soon have you guys place the order directly with Nemic's Sport Shop. He has the ability to take credit cards, if you are out of state no sales tax. Then you and George can talk about FFL you need it sent to ETC.
He will not charge you for the gun untill it arives. He will hold it for me untill I can get it into the shop, I will do the work bring it back and he will ship it for you as well. David and I will do the packing.

I will do a post on this Probably tomorrow on this for everyone. George has offered to sell to all our customers any gun for 10% over his cost. All you have to do is tell him you are having Precision Rifleworks do the modifications. SAME PRICE AS HE SELLS THEM TO US FOR!

Only thing I ask is he is not a large dealer (500+ guns a year), so specialty guns, new models etc. he cannot get as fast as a Big dealer, like Cabelas, etc. so if you order order something like that please be patient. George and his son Chris will work hard to get it for you as soon as possible.

NEMIC'S SPORT SHOP
518-623-2049.
Fax. 518-623-3829
Ask for George (owner) or Chris (son)

Any questions please ask!
Thanks, Kim

jshull

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:51 pm Post subject:

How accurate are these after all the work? I wouldn't mind havin one but it would have to shoot 100-200 yards for pigs....thanks

Monthony
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:57 am Post subject:

jshull

I have put 5 lightfield slugs into 1 - 1&1/4" hole @ 100 yards with my 12ga.
David has shot them at 200, I have not. I do suspect there will be a good amount a drop in trajectory from 1 to 200 yards though.
David will probably respond to this as well.
Kim

Display posts from previous: All Posts1 Day7 Days2 Weeks1 Month3 Months6 Months1 Year Oldest FirstNewest First

Precision Rifleworks Forum Forum Index -> NEF, H&R's All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1
Watch this topic for replies

Jump to: Select a forum Welcome----------------THANK YOU, Registration is required to post. Christian Corner----------------PRAYER REQUESTS AND TESTIMONIES David's Corner----------------MY COLUMNBOLT ACTIONST/C'SNEF, H&R'sRUGER #1's AND HANDGUNST/C info & Links to Mike Bellm's Forum Kim's Corner----------------New Product'sRUGER 10/22's & 77/22'sPR TEAMS UP WITH NEMEC'S Specialty Corner----------------RELOADINGLONG RANGE SHOOTING Members Corner----------------MEETING PLACEHUNTING DISCUSIONSBOLT ACTIONSBREAK-OPEN SINGLE SHOTSMUZZLELOADINGRIM-FIREALL OTHER FIREARMS Customers Corner----------------CUSTOMER TESTIMONIALS AND PICTURES! Trading Corner----------------BUY, SELL & SWAPPrecision Rifleworks Barrels PLEASE READ BEFORE SHIPPING----------------READ BEFORE SHIPPING

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum