Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

H&R Ultra Slugger

Read a test gun comparison once that ranked it second to the Tarhunt slug gun and in front of the Ithaca deerslayer.

I had one and it just plain shot. Had a low power leupold and it liked the 2 3/4 Federals with the Barnes bullets. I shot several three shot groups with three bullets touching at 100 off sand bags.

It's not an all day walking gun, very heavy...

I don't hunt with one, but we have one at work (We make bullets and ammo) and use it for a lot of our testing, as it, as someone said "Just plain shoots"

I've been shooting one for five years now, and I love it. Mine's a 12ga, but I hear the 20ga models are becoming more popular because they're lighter. The 12ga model is heavy, but that soaks up a lot of recoil too.

sIMG_3327.jpg

One Big Buck
My father, who is in his 70’s and my daughter, who is thirteen both shoot the 20 gauge ultra slugger. Three bucks have fallen to them in the past two year. One fell in his tracks the other two didn’t go more than 50 yards. I will also add they are using the Hornady slug with the 250 grain sst bullet. Dad has a Bushnell Elite 3200 3X9 40mm and my daughter has a Leopold 2X7 33mm. A great shooter, reasonable prices, and you have the flexibility of changing barrels (my daughters’ USE to be mine in a .223, but I bought the 20 inch slug barrel and short stock…oh, well might be in the market for another one soon..) There is a pix in my gallery of the buck she shot with it this year, and HER gun…

iv used one with good results over the past 3 years.mine is a 12 gauge with a nikon slug hunter scope.i shoot hornady sst slugs and took a deer at 150 yards with it and got it sighted at 200 yards.i know theres alot of controversy over my 371 yard slug gun shot and yes it does seem completly outragous but i swear its true.it was a hairbrain shot but it was a good buck and he just wouldn't come in.i was just as surprised and could not believe it just as much as u all when he buckeled!!!

Samuel,tell us something believable. Your stories are tales that a 3rd grader would make up. The people on this site are educated, seasoned hunters that won't be fooled by your B.S.

Top Bottom