Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Habitat Contest

This pic shows multiple habitat projects completed over the years. These include edge feathering of aspen to promote root suckering, a cedar windbreak, and three acres of red oak and walnut direct seeding with a few tubed white oaks.

picture.php

Here is some more poplar chainsaw work on the other side of the field.
picture.php

Last edited:
Here are some of my favorites.

Fall time Clover Plot
IMG_2030-1.jpg

Soybeans and Brassicas
IMG_2571.jpg

A veiw from a ladder stand [One of my favorite's] Rye, oats, wheat and AWP mix in foreground, soybeans in middle strip and brassicas on far side.
IMG_2611.jpg

Same plot as last picture but from other side. The deer and turkey, along with lack of rain destroyed the brassicas. That is me on other side of plot checking for deer sign.
IMG_2725-1.jpg

Wow! I'm glad I'm not posting...you guys are putting me to shame!! :eek::D

Awesome pictures and inspiring too!!

Couple more weeks to go yet so please post your favorites and perhaps win a chance at some products from Big Rock Trees :way:

I have been meaning to get some pics up on this post, but I need to be taking some more and better pics of my habitat work I guess. But I did remember previously having this picture, so here it is...

161-img_0150.jpg

This is a picture of a "hidey-hole" clover field that I added about 5 years ago. I hired a bulldozer to clear some brush/timber to allow for some foodplots in what was otherwise scrappy timber. I had him add the pond that you see and it is a popular watering hole for deer and other wildlife. The clover that you see is decent, and was frost seeded originally per my all of my learnings from Paul/Dbltree. (Thanks Paul!)

You can also see a couple of dead trees that are the aftermath of TSI work that I did about 2 1/2 years ago now. I need to get some more pics up, but this is one that shows a few elements of habitat work that I have done so far.

Final day to enter pictures is March 31st so if you have a favorite picture or two please post it and get in on a chance to win some free stuff from Big Rock Trees :way:

Here are some progression pictures of the "Oak Savanna" project

IMG00341.jpg

IMG00346.jpg

BC75.jpg

Only time will tell if there is enough light getting through for the little bluestem to grow!

We would like to thank every body who participated and posted pics of habitat projects! Absoutely beautiful pictures and projects!!

Very tough to pick winners I must confess but between Chris, John and I we decided upon ICDM and Terrific Tom as the two winners.

Oustanding pictures and habitat fellas!! :way:

John of Big Rock Trees is out of town for a couple days so either send me a PM or email me at [email protected] and I'll get you hooked up with John to collect your prizes thru Big Rock Trees.

Thanks again and good luck to all with your habitat endeavors in 2010!!:)

Dbltree a Big Thanks for having the contest. I am honored that you enjoyed the pictures. It makes all the time spent worth while. I enjoyed looking at all thedifferent pictures. They were all great and must have made the decision very hard. Glad to see so many people putting in the hard work and effort to improve the habitat. Also a Big Thanks to John at Big Rock Trees.

Tom

Dbltree a Big Thanks for having the contest. I am honored that you enjoyed the pictures. It makes all the time spent worth while. I enjoyed looking at all thedifferent pictures. They were all great and must have made the decision very hard. Glad to see so many people putting in the hard work and effort to improve the habitat. Also a Big Thanks to John at Big Rock Trees.

Tom

We'll be looking forward to more pics from your place this smmer and fall Tom! :way:

Top Bottom