Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Habitat Management Equipment???

singlecoyote

Proud member of the IBA
I'd like some info from those of you who are involved in habitat improvement - food plots, brush cutting, tree planting, TSI, etc. I'm looking for specifics such as:

Tractor? Size? Accessories?

What implements do you use? (rotary tiller or disk, seeder/spreader, drag, planter, sprayer, mower, rotary cutter)

3 points or pull types?

Sizes for implements would be great also.

Any other info you might think is valuble.

Thanks for your help.

There is a whole world of options out there any of which can work.

These are some of mine...

JD790 tractor and loader with a 60" tiller...you can do just about anything with that combo!

790JDnKubotaTiller.jpg

Gotta have a cultipacker too!

Tillnpack.jpg

A broadcast seeder is nice

Adjustspreader.jpg

a backpack sprayer and a chainsaw but the list is endless... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

tractor around 35 to 40 hp.
roto tiller
sprayer with a roller pump...big help

funnel spreader for seed or fert.

cultipacker is a must have.

take your time and have fun.

Often overlooked, but a chainsaw in the right hands can do more for habitat creation, and wildlife food production than any tractor can.

Food plots are a great addition to any habitat plan, but I know first hand what a valuable tool a chainsaw can be for creating good deer holding habitat! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

You can have 50 percent of your ground in food plots, but if you aren't providing good escape cover, bedding cover, thermal cover and Winter browse, you will just have deer visiting your restaurant. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Here is my rig ...

JD 2550/front wheel assist/68hp

Tractor2.jpg

I've put a few hours on my Huskys as well /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
TSI_1.JPG

Top Bottom