Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hand guns

The m&p shields are sweet guns. I move a lot of them. Springfield XDS is another good seller. I've had a few of the keltec pmr30s backordered for 2 years now. Got lucky and was allowed one last fall. Briener don't expect one soon. Usually depends on how much pull your dealer has.

The m&p shields are sweet guns. I move a lot of them. Springfield XDS is another good seller. I've had a few of the keltec pmr30s backordered for 2 years now. Got lucky and was allowed one last fall. Briener don't expect one soon. Usually depends on how much pull your dealer has.

Ohh...that's disappointing to hear...

I have one on order, let's see how long it takes to get here I guess.. you can pop off a lot of shots with this badboy! Price is right too.
Then when you do find one ammunition is the next hard part to get. KelTec makes a great gun, I have had several at one time, and you can't beat their warranty.

Re

I hesitate to get involved in these debates but I would like to say, DONT BUT A TAURUS!!!!

Whenever someone asks me the old CCW question my answer is always Glock. Yes there are other good striker fired ccw pistols on the market but none of them stack up to glock imho. In my duties as a range officer and tactical combat handgun instructor for my local Sheriffs Office I have opportunities to attend many self defense classes and I usually pick the brains of the instructors to get their opinions of what is the most reliable pistol they see, the answer is always Glock first, then XD, then well, who cares.....

As these guys are professional CIVILIAN instructors, not Military or LEO, they see all kinds of pistols out on the lines and they know what works and what doesn't!

A well built 1911 can be a reliable gun but you are going to start at about 4k and up in price. So why bother. A Glock can be had for around $500 ($400 for LEO's) so the choice is easy for me.

I really like my Ruger LCP .380. I originally bought it for my wife but I've grown very fond of it. It's just fun to shoot too. I enjoy shooting it over my g22.

Me and my wife both own a few different 1911's. All kimbers and I have a very good friend running a custom wilson combat and none of those mentioned rigs run over 2500 let alone 4k. What 1911 is starting at 4k?
I'm sure someone is producing one but you can get ahold of alot of gun for 600.00

I would spend my money on either a glock or Smith and wesson... I owned a Smith and wesson m&p 9c for a short period of time... great reliable gun, just needed a bigger grip for me.. glock is my all time favorite.. I prefer a bigger grip and always 100% reliable and that is done through a glock.. another gun I would look at would be the glock 42. Just had a few of those come in to the local pd and sheriff's office.. those things are awesome! I'll be getting my hands on one of those soon!! Just my 2 cents..

RE

Any good (not Kimber) hand built 1911 is going to be over 4k....

I'm referring to weapons that will go over 5,000 rounds without cleaning, IE: combat/pro-comp weapons....

Take a 3 day/1500 round count class with your 1911 and see how many spare parts you go through. It's all a matter of perspective.

Any good (not Kimber) hand built 1911 is going to be over 4k....

I'm referring to weapons that will go over 5,000 rounds without cleaning, IE: combat/pro-comp weapons....

Take a 3 day/1500 round count class with your 1911 and see how many spare parts you go through. It's all a matter of perspective.

Certainly not trying to doubt your knowledge or start a debate, but Ed Brown makes some of the best custom 1911s in the country and only one of his entire line is over $4k. Most are under $3k.

http://www.edbrown.com/

I happen to know that he supplies some of the most elite soldiers in the US with custom 1911s that meet the standards you describe for way under $4k. Either way, I love my 1911s (2 Colts and a Springfield) and they are all I carry anymore because I can count on them every single time.

Last edited:
Les Baer has VERY few models that are over $4,000 and that is some of the highest quality you can get. The hand guns that are over that price are basically display pieces that are very limited.

Since most people shoot less than 500 rounds a year, needing a gun capable of 1500 rounds without cleaning is not even a consideration. Been very happy with my Glock 19 and Kimber 1911.

Top Bottom