Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

hand held gps

Reit38

i picked up a garmin gps64. it came with a worldwild basemap but so far the map seems to not be as detailed as i thought it would be. im looking for a better topo for iowa and a map mapset that would show public land for hunting. i know there is the OnX maps but looking for other options
on my phone i use ArcGIS maps that someone has created public hunting locations and boundaries and it works great, but now having a gps i want to start using that

Last edited:
I bought a 64 this spring and also ordered the Onx maps, which they sent Canada not the Midwest so I just used the topo that comes with it. I felt the same it just wasn't as detailed as I thought it would be and the screen is just too small. Why don't they make them with a screen the size of larger smart phones with better graphics. I sent it back, $350 was too much for what you get with it. Maybe my expectations are too high. I'm just going to stick with my old Etrex for now.

Top Bottom