Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Handgun deer hunters....what are you pack'n?

R

Rembrandt

Just curious how many are hunting deer with handguns?.....what caliber are you pack'n?

Anyone carry a handgun in addition to their shotgun or blackpowder rifles?

I have carried a Ruger Blackhawk, .44 magnum during deer season for the last three seasons. This year, I will have a T/C Contender, .44 mag, 10" barrel, with me. It sure is a lot easier to pack a handgun through brush!

I've carried a Desert Eagle .44 with 14" barrel, used it a lot out west on Antelope and Mulies....now trying to go with something less bulky. Got a Smith & Wesson 629 .44 mag Performance Center 6" with compensator, open sights......much easier to holster and carry around.

I've gotten to a point where shotguns and muzzleloaders seem a little too easy....I like the challenge handguns offer.

Talk about a fist full of power! I can hardly wrap my hand around a Desert Eagle. I think you will like the 629 S&W, Their revolvers are hard to beat. I enjoy the challenge of handgun hunting too. I have only shot one deer with my handgun, but man he dropped like a ton of bricks! Do you use factory ammo or load your own? I load 240gr. Hornady XTP's. They seem to do the trick. Good luck this season, and let me know how you did.

I reload, Hornady 240 grain XTP's, with 20.1 grains of 2400 powder. It's been a good load, taken a lot of animals over the years with it.

Top Bottom