Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

(Hang and Hunt) or (Climb and Hunt)

bowhuntr311

IowaWhitetail Addict
Climber vs Hang on.

I have two friends that have been really pestering me for a decision on what they should get. Dont ask me why they want me to give them the ok to go get something? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Anyways we had been talking about the Lone Wolf with Sticks, or a Viper climber.

Well, What do you guys think? We hunt varied sizes of multiple kinds of trees. You name it have hung a stand it in. We discussed the ease of a climber but then weighed the options of big limb bound oaks. Then we weighed the options of 4 sticks on some of the birch/popal trees here would REALLY stick out. Deer would bust that I think.

Well all in all why is one better.

Dean

id go with a set of sticks and a hang on
gives you more versatility with the trees.....
a climber needs to have a perfect tree.....

thats what id do

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">id go with a set of sticks and a hang on
gives you more versatility with the trees.....
a climber needs to have a perfect tree.....

thats what id do</div></div>
Couldn't have said it better.
Theres been several times this season that I wouldn't have been able to hunt a certain spot because there isn't a straight tree for a climber. I would go get a lone wolf. (have the assault, just bought the alpha last night)

I don't have a lone wolf (yet), but that is definatly what I would go with. With the sticks and stand it is very light, and pretty easy to set up.

What Tee Roy said. I love both of them. I like being able to hang the LW about anywhere I want, but did my first all dayer yesterday in it and my back and bum are very sore today. I will hunt in luxury in the viper the rest of the weekend.

Gotta go with the Lone wolf, but I understand the comfort thing. I had the Cobra climber years ago and it was awesome to sit in. I just thought it was a pain in the but to find trees in the right spots. Had a Lone Wolf now for a few years now. I am sacrificing some comfort, but the ease and mobility more than make up for it! Good luck!

Lone Wolf stand and sticks hands down. I've never had deer bust me because of the sticks, even on "bean pole" sized trees so with birch or poplars I don't think you have anything to worry about. Staying still is the main concern and not getting sky lined.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teeroy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">get one of each </div></div>

Yup, solves all problems by having a climber and a few hang-ons

LW assualt w/ 4 sticks and there is no tree to complicated.

The climber limits you so much which leads into my reasoning of how i would rather hunt the right location more than the right tree.

I have LW hand climber that i don't even use anymore because i can get up a tree just about as fast as a climber and quieter with the assualt and sticks.

No brainer for me....HANG ON.

My next move for next year is going to be the assassin and mini sticks. Tried it once this year and i think i can get used to them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lone Wolf stand and sticks hands down. I've never had deer bust me because of the sticks, even on "bean pole" sized trees so with birch or poplars I don't think you have anything to worry about. Staying still is the main concern and not getting sky lined. </div></div>

Absolutely....I ask myself this: can I get in any tree I want with a climber?? No. Can I get in ALMOST any tree with my sticks? Yes...with a little trimming...

Top Bottom