Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hanging Deer

I'm in Ames going to ISU, but I've been bow hunting public ground every chance I get. I was wondering if I shot a deer if anyone knows if butcher shops or any places like that would let me pay them to let me hang a deer in there cooler for a couple days till I can get home.

It's going to be cold enough the next couple days to hang it outside if you need to.

Mobile Cooter using IW

Haha I dont think people would like me hanging a deer by the parking lot. I dont know if people would mess with it or not if i hung one on public ground though. Then again i guess it might be fine in the back of my truck for a two days, it'll freeze at night

take it to a local locker and have them process it and when it's done, just dont pick it up until you're ready to make a trip home

take it to a local locker and have them process it and when it's done, just dont pick it up until you're ready to make a trip home

For sure, its not gonna stay consistant in the truck bed, and its gonna warm right back up again.

I think one of the ag buildings has coolers doesn't it? :D. Boy that would be a nice surprise for a faculty member!

Shoot me a PM. You are welcome to hang one in my shed. I am in Ankeny. I have a decent setup for hanging and butchering deer.

I am at ISU as well and my roommate and I share a garage that we could possibly hang a deer in, but with the varying temperatures this time of year I would want to cut it up as soon as possible. If you ever need any help butchering one just let me know. Shouldn't take more than an hour with 2 of us.

Im on the North side of town as well. Lot of good public withing 40 minutes of Ames, just hope your going in the right direction!

Top Bottom