Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hanging your Pack

SWIADEERHNTR

Come 'on Next Season....
I was reminded again in the stand this last weekend how sometimes it's such a pain to hang my backpack in the tree. I've always used a screw in step and depending on the tree, sometimes it requires way to much time/effort to screw in the stupid step just to hang the bag on.

Wondering what you guys do or if you have any handy ideas to strap it to the tree quickly. I was thinking about an adjustable strap, caribeaner clip or something??

When I hang stands, I always use a tree step. And always use a cordless drill and a 3" deck screw to make a pilot hole. Much easier this way to get it and a bow hanger screwed in.

My ladder stands have arm rests, so I hang it on one of them. I use sticks with my hang ons and usually have my stand lower than the top of the sticks, so I hang my pack on the sticks.

I have seen gear straps that you put around the tree that has hooks for your gear. And I think many people just lower their backpack to the ground on a rope. I would rather keep it up with me, in case I needed something out of it. I assume you are moving your stand a lot, perhaps using a climber? Otherwise I would just leave the screw in step and put one at each stand location.

I have a slip rope with prussic knot and carabiner on it just like u use for my safety harness. Wrap it around the tree, slip prussic knot and carabiner thru loop, tighten knot down and hang on carabiner. Simple, quiet, and easy.

I have started using black zip ties and carbineer clips. attach one zip tie and clip to back pack, and attach another ziptie to a back or side rail on stand ( if ladder stand) hook clip into zip tie "loop" and you're good to go.

I use ladder hooks from Menards, they go in easier and are cheaper then tree climbers. I use the same to hold my bow too, they are rubber coated so they dont make any noise and makes the bow easy to get off and on

I use ladder hooks from Menards, they go in easier and are cheaper then tree climbers. I use the same to hold my bow too, they are rubber coated so they dont make any noise and makes the bow easy to get off and on
Same as socker for me. The ladder or bike hooks from Menards is what I go with. I hunt the same stands pretty much year after year so I have begun to leave two at each stand location. One for my bow and the other for my pack, antlers, and other accessories. At one time they were on sale ridiculously cheap when I was snooping around and I picked up pry 20 of them. Even in places where I climb or hang and hunt I will leave them in the tree so they are there for the next time. The rubber coating makes it nice and quiet.

Very similar to Muddy. I use my linesman’s belt going up the tree, then attach my main safety rope to the back of my harness. Disconnect the linesman’s belt, step on the stand, wrap the linesman’s belt around the tree and hang backpack on it.

small ameristeps go in fast & easy on most trees.
Mine are set up way before I am hunting them so they are ready to go. But, those steps are good on the fly if you are asking about putting a hanger in while you are setting up to hunt that time. I about lose my mind, even months before season, putting in the bow hangers with the arm.... So ridiculous to get those things started, I have to use a drill or the small tree step to start them and usually that works. How someone designs some of this crap and sells it with a straight face year after year without a design change boggles the mind.

I have the Horn Hunter G2 w/quiver. Has been one of my best buys for treestand hunting. Comes with a tree strap to wrap around the tree then attaches to top of bag, I no longer put a quiver on my bow just use this one, I attach my Muddy stand in the center with the buckles and strap 3 of my Muddy sticks on the opposite side of my harness then carry two more sticks and my bow in when I am going to hang and hunt.

Top Bottom