Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

hard reality

I haven't had exactly this happen, but I can speak to you from your father's perspective I think. Just by way of back ground so that you will perhaps understand that I have some understanding, I will give just a little information.

I currently have prostate cancer, and after surgery to remove it and radiation treatments because it had moved outside of the prostate and now hormone treatments because it has moved in to two spots on bones. The hormone shots seems to have put it into remission for the time being, but we are sure that eventually it will become active again, probably after the last of the shots in about two years. We were pretty devastated with the first news and my son still has difficulty with the realization that this will happen some time in the future. I have now arrived at the point that I can accept what ever happens.

What I am getting at is listen to your father and respect what he tells you about doing all the things that you love to do!! If he has reached the same place that I have he will tell you that he has really enjoyed a wonderful life, and although he doesn't really want it to end, he is OK if it does. He has had the honor of teaching you and leading you into the greatness of the outdoor world, and has seen you learn to love it as much or maybe more than him. He would be heart sick if he thought that his illness would have you discontinue your outdoor life even for a little while.
He will also greatly enjoy sharing your hunting days from the stories that you will be able to tell him, and he will be so proud that you can and want to share your experiences. At least this is what I think and feel regarding my son. Remember it really is God's will and if recovery happens then you will both have more years and hunting trips to share, and if it doesn't happen you already have a rich blessing of memories that he helped you create!! Respect and try to understand him when he tells you to keep hunting. It will mean MORE than the world to him!

Top Bottom