Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hard water tactics

What are some of your key jigs thru the ice and for what species??
Also how do you present them?

What are some stratagies when trying to locate on unfamiliar hard water??...number of holes? run and gun?

Dude, I'm just asking cause I am freaking to get on the ice!
I just ran seafoam thru my auger to hear it run.

I use the drunken pirate method...Stagger stagger, fall, stumble, roll, fall, fall, stagger...punch a hole, catch a ton of fish /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I can count on a single hand how many fish I've ever pulled through the ice...I've never been too serious about it, but slowly I'm making purchases and trying to figure it all out so this season will be another "note-taker" for me.

this will be my first year of ice fishing, does anybody ever fish the mighty miss? if so what are some tatics and where? like the back waters or what?

also could a guy use a fish finder off a boat, i have an old hummingbird wide onehundred. is there a way to rig it up and use that instead of spendin some big money on a ice specific sonar? thanks.

Don't know about the Miss but you would have to drag alot of crao to the ice with a normal fishfinder..Just save your money and get one for ice...or a portable unit...even a fishing buddy would work....I have an Auqua View and a Vex 20..after you drop the cash you fast learn it was money well spent..

if i got the rechargeable 12v battery from cabelas would it still be tons of stuff? its a smaller battery so the weight wouldnt be the same as a standard 12v. i guess the transducer for the hummingbird would need to be perfectly flat right? or does it even work submerged in the water? how much stuff were you talking about i would have to bring? i dont mean that this is the way to do it and not spend the money on something that would be what i need but i just figured i would try it.

I guess if ya wanted to try that battery it would'nt b that bad but you would have to find a way to mount your transucer..like on PVC, then find a way to set up your screen solid.. then understand your gonna have alot of wires to deal with..I'm interseted to see if it works well.. Better get ready cause they are already pounding fish in Northern Iowa. 4-6 inches of ice..

Now it's just a matter of days

Top Bottom