Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Harvest Report

great day for me and my youngest son which is 22 , we got him his first turkey . it was about a 15 lb. jake ,it had a 5 1/2 in beard. had a big boy at bout a 100 yds, but the 3 hens took him over the hill. i think i enjoyed it more then the boy. this turkey hunting is as fun as it comes for me
peace.gif
50 now i think

Make it 50. Connected on a 21 lber Saturday morning after an unfortunate misfire (human error and a whole different story) on a bird 20 minutes before.

The boys were pretty fired up so I was able to relocate on a pair gobbling in the middle of a bean field. After working some 'mojo', I was fortunate to pull the hens my way. Quite a show as they followed all 7 of their ladies in for over 100 yards in full strut, spittin' and drummin' the whole way.

I set up on these birds from a railroad tressel and was forced to remain in the prone position for the shot. I had no choice but to place my decoy about a foot to my left perched above the tressel. All I had between me and the birds was open field.

The day before I had my dad with me... owe how I wish he was there to pull off the double. He just smiled when I told him the story.
smile.gif

Quite a hunt!!

Got mine at 6pm Friday night. A friend did the calling. He called for 20 minutes on and off and one slips in on us at 20 yards. I think that makes 55.

Got my 4th season bird on Sunday! Actually add 2 because my dad and I shot a double. My bird was 21 lbs, 9.5" beard and .75" spurs. My dads was 18 lbs, 10" beard and 7/8" spurs. Picture and story to come.

I think this makes the count 58.... I got a nice gobbler yesterday... 27 lbs. with 10 1/2" beard and 1 1/4" spurs.... I "cheated" though... got mine with the shotgun

Make that 59.
got my 4th season bird with a Bow last Saturday. 24lbs, 10.5inches, 1 1/8th spurs.

I GOT MY FIRST TURKEY ever WITH A GUN sat. 3 2003 it was a great hunt with a 50 yard shot out of the double bull blind and i'm only 16!!!! cant wait till next year I'M PUMPED!! 24 POUNDS 11 INCH BEARD 1 1/4 INCH SPURS

Last chance to hunt this season, drizzle, permanent blind smells like mice, 3 jakes at 6 yards, bow in hand, decided to take one and call it a season and take my son fishing. Add that to Onecam's 1/2 bird and we are back to whole numbers. I think that makes 11 with a bow, since 1986.

Old Buck

Top Bottom