Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Has anyone else had problems with their Cuddeback?

J

jeff vogel

Is any one out their having troubles with their cuddeback camera's. I am currently on my THIRD cuddeback in 23 days time!!
mad.gif
Not quite the performce i would expect from a $400.00 camera. I should of went out and bought about 6 cheap stealh cameras instead. This has costed me some serious pre-rut scouting time. They should of named it crudy-back.

The Stealth Cams may be a little more expensive to keep up(film, batteries etc), but I have had nothing but great success with them. I would rather have a camera that took pictures, than one that doesn't take them at all. I rarely have a pic of half a deer etc. and when I do big deal, it is one out of about every three rolls. I have the Energizer E2 Titanium batteries in my 2 cameras and they have lasted me all fall. I just started buying Wal Mart Polaroid film (around $5 for 4 rolls) and have used about 8 rolls in them so far and I have yet to have a problem with it. If you are worried about the cost of developing the film, just get the negatives processed first, and then pick out the pics you want to develop and just bring those in. Most places will get the negatives ready for you for only a couple of bucks. Unless I start unexpectantly having serious problems with my Stealth Cams, I'm not buying anything different.

Re: Has anyone else had problems with their Cuddeb

Vman can build a far better unit with good working cameras and electronics for just a little bit more but well worth it.

savey,

I do agree with you on the stealth being a good camera. Besides the cuddeback, I have two nontypical dc100's and a $59.00 stealth. And the stealth has outperformed them all. I'll give the cuddeback one more chance and then it's history. Thanks for the idea on the negatives. I am going to try that.

i have also had big problems with the cuddeback or (crudy-back) as you put it. sent mine back once cause the flash wouldn't go off at night. all my pictures at night were pitch black. They sent it back with an upgrade on the software. However this update has still not made the flash go off at night, yet it has somehow managed to make the flash go off in 100% daylight. what the hell is that all about? So those pictures are useless and so are the night time ones. Another added feature i picked up with the update is the ability for the camera to take pictures in the future. ya thats right, my camera can take pictures 1 or sometimes 2 days in advance. How do i know, the date stamp on each image has twice given me a date that had yet arrived. needless to say i am not happy. what really pisses me off is that the damn thing did take the pictures, but i can't frickin see them cause they don't know how to make flash work. i am sending it back 1 more time and will give up on it after that.

Top Bottom