Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

has rattling been effective for anyone?

Nontypcl1

For those that have been out in the past few days has calling been very effective? Are they responding to the horns yet? I've got 10days vacation starting tomorrow and couldn't be more jacked about it. The weather is good and this is typically when my trail cams show the most daylight movement by multiple bucks cruising the area. I hoping a few ticks of the horns will get a big boys attention.

I've been watching this guy the past 3years and just saw him in person a few days ago so hopefully I will be able close the deal. Not the biggest on the farm but I have the most history with him, making him my #1 target.

12.jpg

doublebrow8-11448am-1.jpg

As Will Primos would say "That Joker is TALL !!".

As for your question, I rattled only sparingly yesterday and got no action from it. However, I wouldn't place much reliance on my limited attempts so far. I would think the timing is right for it.

I have rattled my last couple times out, and have had deer respond every time. Problem is, they are does or small bucks. I'll keep trying though! :way:

I haven't had any luck rattling yet but have had limited attempts. I would think that the time has got to be getting close.

We had a doe that must have came into estrus early last weekend on our Northern MO farm which made for a great hunt. Saw 2 mature bucks and 4 or 5 smaller deer following down her trail.

I am still not seeing much movement, and thought with the cold snap they'd be everywhere this morning.

I saw 2 deer and rattled them both in before 8. Nothing big.

Rattled in two spikes last week, nothing this am. Did see a 1 & 2 yr old chase a doe around this am, she wasn't ready, they were just harrassing her. I still don't have any daytime movement on the cam's yet, but it must be getting close.

Top Bottom