Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Have you ever built your own stand?

Bukslayr

Well I have and they have worked great.

I am very aware of the horror stories of people that have built their own stand and have had not so happy endings.

I feel very confident in mine and have had success with them. My buddy Ryan and I built these about 5 years ago and still use them and we ALWAYS make sure to wear the safety harness.

If you have built any do you have any pics?

DSC00090.jpg

DSC00091.jpg

DSC00092.jpg

DSC00065.jpg

Those look a lot nicer than anything that I could put together...so I buy all of mine. Good Job, they look pretty stout.

no pics.. but, my dad and I made a couple of 14ft two piece ladder stands once and they worked alright... heavy as hell though. Yours look pretty nice!

The unfolded stand on the right is an original Screaming Eagle - "Eaglet" .

The others are my varitiation of that one. Basically the same stand with slightly different dimensions. I built a dozen of them. It was a good investment and they are built strong enough to last a lifetime.

se1.jpg

Most new stands are constructed to hold 300 pounds. I weigh 165. If you made a stand out of materials that would hold say 180 pounds what would the stand weigh?

My Eaglet weighs 11lbs and is tested to 4000lbs. Anyone remember the old advertisement with a VW Bug hanging from one! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

My dad has made our stands for over 15 years. We only use ladder stands and they're usually about 25-30 feet tall. We went from square steel tube to half inch rerod, cut down on the weight, just as sturdy. We haven't had a problem yet, and we're thinking of building one or two more...

How much do your stands wiegh, and what was the cost per stand??? Also how are they attached to the tree, is that just a rachet strap wrapped around the stand or do they actually attach to the stand

My cousins and I have made them out of 3/4 inch galvanized conduit. There is a little welding involved and some snare cable. They are bulky to carry but are very comfy once up.

Top Bottom