Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Have you ever......

guitarzan

...gone to the stand, arrow on the rest, bow in the holder, quiver & pack hanging and out of the way, ready for the hunt to begin and you realize your release is not on your wrist!! Grrrr, you make a mad dash to your vehicle and can't find it anywhere!!! Thankfully I still had one of my old releases in my bow case. To this day I still haven't found my new favorite Truball, short & sweet, ordered a new yesterday. Strange thing is, I remember seeing it when I loaded my vehicle. :mad: :drink1: Good hunting!!!

My newest thing I started doing this year is I have a pack that carries my bow, which I recommend to everyone! It has been amazing how much more I enjoy walking to the stand without having to carry my bow, or for that matter, anything in my hands!

All right back on topic, what I do is since my bow is strapped to my pack I just simply on the bottom limb of my bow buckle my release around the limb. Again, once I am done hunting for the day and before I get down from the stand I attach my bow to my pack then again put my release around my bottom limb and climb down.

One morning i got in the stand, was ready to hunt and realizied i didnt have my release like you, lucky my house is only about 300 yards away so i made sure nothing was around and toke off home and grabbed it, 15 minutes after i got back in the tree i had a 120" 8 walk 20 yards away but dediced to pass him up!:D

I carry an extra in my back pack just for this reason. I forgot mine one time, but just decided to sit anyway. I now take inventory before I get in to drive to make sure I have the bare minimum.

My newest thing I started doing this year is I have a pack that carries my bow, which I recommend to everyone! It has been amazing how much more I enjoy walking to the stand without having to carry my bow, or for that matter, anything in my hands!

All right back on topic, what I do is since my bow is strapped to my pack I just simply on the bottom limb of my bow buckle my release around the limb. Again, once I am done hunting for the day and before I get down from the stand I attach my bow to my pack then again put my release around my bottom limb and climb down.

Exactly what I do, Sky. It makes carrying a decoy a lot, a lot , a lot, easier.. The smaller brace height bow, you have, the better...

Try putting your release on either before or right after you put your clothes on in the morning.. It's not a good feeling misplacing or forgetting your release.. I still use my original release..

Ha ha...I once drove the 15+ miles to my hunting area only to realize my bow was still hanging harmlessly on the back porch. Made a nice excuse to go for a sunset drive :D

NWBuck

I've forgotten a bunch of things before...worst is your release or flashlight (both have happened to me).

I now carry a backup release that stays in my pack.

I've forgotten my release at least once. Just sat back and relaxed, figured I could probably finger shoot a really close shot but the opportunity never presented itself. The thing I forget the most often is my binoculars. Not absolutely necessary to have but I hate going without them.

Sky: I am really wanting to upgrade my backpack so I can fit more in and strap my bow to it. What do you have?

I've never forgotten my release, ever. I've forgot my bow before (not when I get to the stand) but not my release.

I shoot a thumb trigger so I'm constantly checking my pocket on the way in. It does hang on my d loop during the hunt.
My biggest fear is losing it or bumping it when in the tree so I have an identical one in my pack. Knock on wood I haven't needed the backup in the last 4 years but its better to be prepared

Been there, done that! :D My worst dill-hole moment was when I turned a corner on my way to my hunting spot and heard the sound of metal on metal screeching across the cab top of my truck, then the sight of my bow bouncing off of the gravel road in my rear-view mirror! Broke all of my "aluminum" arrows and fudged my flimsy sights! I am much older and in less of a hurry than I used to be. :D

Twice I've had release problems...

Once (I don't know why) I put my release in my pocket about a 1/2 mile from my truck. It was gone when I arrived. Doh!!!

I did once get about 1/2 mile out to my stand without my release and then ran back to the truck to retrieve it. Sweating was a problem that day!

I've forgotten my release at least once. Just sat back and relaxed, figured I could probably finger shoot a really close shot but the opportunity never presented itself. The thing I forget the most often is my binoculars. Not absolutely necessary to have but I hate going without them.

Sky: I am really wanting to upgrade my backpack so I can fit more in and strap my bow to it. What do you have?

I got the Horn Hunter G2 day pack with the quiver. I now don't have a quiver on my bow, which I love and when I get to the tree I just strap my bag around the tree to one side of my stand and have everything right there. I strap my bow on the center, have my quiver on one side, and strap my rattling antlers on the other. If I carry in Muddy sticks to climb sometimes I do carry my bow in and strap them in to where my bow goes in the center. I have also strapped the Muddy sticks onto the bottom where it has additional straps.

I absolutely love this pack, I am sure there are others just as good, but it has been my favorite pack going on two years now!

http://sophuntinggear.com/products/?route=product/product&path=8&product_id=393&manufacturer_id=1

I did forget to mention that when I strap by bow to my bag to get it centered and fairly even I put the top strap under my sight and around the frame then for the bottom strap I go under my stabilizer and around the grip. Not that you or anyone couldn't figure that out, but after messing with it, that seems to be the most solid for me and I can really cinch it tight.

Last edited:
Ha, I've sat in a pair of crocs more than once. Left the boots sitting by the door at home :D

I forgot my release one time, had a doe come in a ten yards, figured that I could still hit her since it was only 10 yards. Luckily I mananged to clip a lung, my shot was way high. From then on I began to put release on before I left the truck.

In high school I had a buddy that got up into his stand in the morning and then realized that he had forgotten his quiver at his house.

I forgot my bow a couple weeks ago. Luckily only got a few miles from the house. Also forgot my release at the truck the same weekend and was half way to my stand and had to go back. Have forgot binos a couple times, and yes, it does stink. I hate not being able to scan longer distances. I would say worst tho is forgetting your bow/arrows.

I made it to my stand one morning several years ago without any broadheads on my arrows, but my brother in law topped my idiocy last Friday. He drew back and shot at a coyote. Unfortunately he had never nocked an arrow. That was a costly mistake.

Worst thing I've done has been knocking my peep out of my bow when pulling it up or walking in. Not sure which one but when I knocked an stope I noticed it. I just climbed back down and left. No need for the temptation of taking a shot without the equipment fully functional.

Top Bottom