Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Have you ever......

Ha ha...I once drove the 15+ miles to my hunting area only to realize my bow was still hanging harmlessly on the back porch. Made a nice excuse to go for a sunset drive :D

NWBuck

Did the same thing one morning years ago..got back to the house and Dad and my step mom were up making breakfast by then...they offered up bacon/eggs so I figured wtf..might as well. Climbed in my stand at 9;00 that morning and killed my buck at 9:20. hmmm maybe I should try that tomorrow. :confused:

Glad to see I'm not the only one that gets to excited and forgets stuff. The night I shot my buck this year, I had to make the long walk back to the truck to get my release. Oh well, it was good exercise.

Last year I got about half way to my stand, I would guess it was between 1/4 and 1/2 mile, stopped to put on my jacket etc and get all ready ( I usually do this so I don't work up a sweat getting to the stand). Finish the hike to the stand, climb up, get all settled in, sat there about 30 minutes and then realize I don't have my release. I got down and it probably took over an hour to find my release in the grass where I finished getting ready. I've forgot my binos and other things multiple times. I really need to get a pack, I'm getting tired of have to carry and have my pockets full going in and out every time lol.

Have hunted in my tennis shoes before and just last week hunted in my jeans because I packed all of my hunting close in my scent tight container....well except for the pants. Luckilly it was a stand with camo burlap around it. Also, I always have a spare release in my pack.

I've sat in my shoes countless times, wore black sweatshirts instead of my camo jacket, and I've had to borrow a broad head from a buddy every now and then...

I always put my release on my wrist at the truck so no forgetting it and put it in my bow case when done. Except once two years ago I went for a evening hunt than went back the next morning and dropped my cousin off and went to my spot and was getting ready and was all set but couldn't find my release so I stripped back down and waited for day light and him to finish his morning hunt. As we were going down the highway we came across my release not in the best of working order anymore. It slid off my truck bed cover.

I've always said if I don't forget something on a hunt.... something is wrong... or will go wrong..

Went with my dad tonight to try and call a buck in for him... got the decoy set, guess what I forgot?.... my CALL!!!!! Fudged that one up... luckily no missed opportunities to kick myself for lol maybe tomorrow I'll remember it ha!

Usually I forget a head lamp and have to use the flashlight on my phone... bow hanger in newly hung stands... bow hoist in fresh stands.... binos.. outer coat(makes for a chilly sit).. beanie.. glove( left hand ). Quiver.. still had my arrows in my case tho. Usually things I can get by without

Top Bottom