Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

He visited my blind the last 2 nights

JLC

give him a few more years

10-04-090790send.jpg

10-04-090798send.jpg

here is the shot at 15 yds. if you didn't want to let him grow up.

10-04-090799send.jpg

That is a beautiful buck. How old do you think he is? Did you even think about taking him?

Great pictures as well!

I wouldn't flinch on shooting that buck. Awesome pictures! Can't wait to see what you settle on!

Buck

sureshot,

One side has about an inch for a G5 and if you look on the other side the G5 is trying to come out. It would be interesting to see what he would be in a few years as a 12 pointer.

I am guessing by the mass that he is a 3-1/2. the next few years is when they really start growing racks because the calcium isnt needed as much for the bones since they are fully developed then.

When I first saw him yeasterday I got my bow in hand untill he got up by the blind and I saw he wasn't what I wanted.

Tonight I just got the camera out and shot him that way.

and yes, there are a few running around the area that would make him look small. Whether I see them while hunting is another story.

Jack

Last edited:
I'd like to see a picture of your blind. Those deer don't seem the least bit nervous.

That's a dandy of a 3.5 and what needs to be protected for a couple years to produce those real giants!!

That's a dandy of a 3.5 and what needs to be protected for a couple years to produce those real giants!!

I also think he looks like a 3.5 year old. Great buck though. I have pics of one thats very similar thats only 3.5 years old. Even has the G5's nubbing out (gonna be a 6x6). just like the one in these pics!

Again, very impressed with the pics and self-determination to let this guy go. Not sure if I could've done the same though.

Good luck this year. Can't wait to see what finally makes you pull the trigger. :way:

blind

Sdbow,
here is my blind. It has been out there for 3 years now, so they are used to it. Jon put Rye around it the last 2 years.

102307_8240.jpg

Ihe only thing that takes some of the deer to get used to is the lift when it is up all the way. Jon runs it up half way when we are not using it.

071307_1916_filtered.jpg

That is great reserve right there. Not sure I could have let him walk. Shooting him with the camera must have been quite a rush too....good stuff

Wow, tough buck to pass on. Not sure if I woulda even thought about his age! Gorgeous buck, but a future mega-giant for sure!

4 wheeler

Muddy,
I have used 4 wheelers for years to get out into the woods. I now have a polaris ranger.

I drive out to Jon's, he gets in my van or sometimes his truck and head to the 215. The ranger is there and we get in and head to the blind. I get in the blind and he leaves, then picks me up after dark.

Jack

Top Bottom