Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Head shaker

Tdub

Tdub
Do not think I will ever understand why some people do what they do. I was out metal detecting this afternoon. When I was done I went driving out to where I bow and muzzy to see if there was any deer movement. There was a very large group shot gunning my spot ( I do not own the property, nothing I can do ), a bummer since this had never happened in the past. The head shaking part of the drive was all the beer cans littered up and down the road. All were fresh because on my first pass there were none, and on the way back I passed four vehicles from the group that were previously parked. In my opinion alcohol and firearms are not a good mix...and wonder why someone would put themselves or the people they are with at risk.

When you think about the majority of the people you know that only hunt shotgun season, it's not hard to believe. They are kind of that "type" from my experience.

I've decided I'm going to start carrying a grocery sack this year to pick up trash on public ground while shed hunting. Seems like that is all I find anyway so might as well make my walk good for something.

Watched a group of shotgunners last night gathered around between drives pounding them down. Also - I've noticed, in any neighborhood during this time of year, the amount of "slow driving vehicles" cruising around and beer cans littering the road goes up dramatically.

Oh my!! Pry just celebrating about all the three year old deer they killed! Or maybe it's just they have extra beer money because they don't have to pay the high cost of owning and managing deer properties! :)

Oh my!! Pry just celebrating about all the three year old deer they killed! Or maybe it's just they have extra beer money because they don't have to pay the high cost of owning and managing deer properties! :)

I think there's actually some truth to that. Maybe only thing I'd change is saying it's more like 1-3 year olds (and .5 year olds, button bucks) as I saw all over. What they don't realize is how fun & rewarding it is to hunt a place where the .5 to 3 year olds don't get mowed down and farm income can sure make things nice long term & is a great place for family & friends. I sure enjoy my way of hunting (probably as far opposite as topic of this thread) but if they really are satisfied doing it that way, nothing anyone can say or do.
It's unfortunate that there's a lot we can speak up about though with the vast amount in illegal stuff that goes on in about every neighborhood in Iowa. Countless folks I know this year who have had their hands full with trespassers, poachers, guys shooting from vehicles, their ground being pushed without permission, guys caught on camera who have no business being there, headless deer in their fields, etc. It's a shame all I've heard this year from some dissapointed guys who do GIVE a lot to the neighborhood, land, habitat, deer herd, neighbors, etc. to see it wiped away in a day or multiple occasions from those only interested in TAKING.

On the topic of just beer drinking and driving. The gravel roads in my area have fresh cans littered every morning from the previous night. On my daily walks I pick up an amazing amount of spending money! But it is scary thinking of all the drinking and driving that goes on yr round. I do not drive at night if possible!

I am going to start picking cans up around here. I'll save them all and take them in at once. I figured up that I could probably earn $5-10 after each weekend, not during hunting season.

Top Bottom