Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Heading down....need input

sethgade280

Friday morning can't come fast enough. Heading down to sw iowa to hunt for the 2nd gun season. Anyone seeing any nice ones? Should I be hunting the field edges or travel corridors to the fields?

Is there any snow down there? I see Sat is supposed to snow, but don't know if there is any down there now.

Wish me luck and thanks for the input.

snow

I'll be hunting in South central Iowa and we have no snow down here yet. It's also forecasted to be windy on Saturday so you might try hunting the timber in a ravine or someplace out of the wind.
corey

Yeah, I have a topo map and figuared where I can hunt with the strong winds. sucks my time is limited and I have to have a day with heavy winds and snow in the forecast. good luck corey

Calling for strong winds on sunday as well... Hope not because the cold could set up a dynamite evening sit. I'll just have a doe tag but would like for the guys I'm taking to have a chance at something decent!

Hopefully the wind dies down before sunset. I aggree it could be the night for the big one to fall. good luck dannyboy

Hey Seth, my buddy hunted our area and we tried both. Definately the food sources were the way to go. Doesn't seem like the deer are traveling far from them already. He scored on a giant seven. Also, if you have to do some calling don't be afraid we snort wheezed him in from two hundred yards when all the other deer in the field went the opposite direction. Good Luck!! Been a few good ones taken.

Top Bottom