Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Heard of a huge typical by Dunlap?

The deer you just posted the pic of...I would like to know the story you got on that deer with your text or e-mail. Because I know the real true story of where he was shot and who shot him. I know the guy who was hunting that deer and it is amazing how stories get around about big deer like that lol. My brother recieved a text about it giving a score, location and even the guy who killed it all which were wrong. Just curious to see what the rumor is about it now.

I played that game telephone a few times for class in elementary...funny how much the story changes when it goes through about 20 people. :drink2:

Ha,
I just got this in a text saying "New world record buck 11 pt typical green scored 300 pts shot west of Winterset, Ia."

Ha,
I just got this in a text saying "New world record buck 11 pt typical green scored 300 pts shot west of Winterset, Ia."

Could you imagine what a 300" 11 pt. typical would look like?!?!?! WOW is all I can say! That thing would be and absolute MONSTER. The deer would hardly be able to hold its head up.

From my understanding one of my friends saw this buck on the Hoof and said he was huge. They hunted hime to no avail. Was it by Macksburg doubledrop32

Well he WAS shot west of Winterset, and scored 207". I shotgun hunted 3 years ago with a group of guys and we saw a huge deer that year that would have went close to 170 we estimated and never got him. The next two years that group say what the assumed was the same deer as it had the same style of rack and to them seemed like it was growing each year. (Always hard to tell if same deer when people are pushing and deer are running) This year during 1st shotgun the guy who owns the timber and 2 other guys were hunting. One of them (the one who shot this buck) was just sitting by a tree while the other two were slowly walking around just trying to move deer slowly through the timber. The deer walked 30 yards in front of the guy sitting by the tree and stopped. Easy shot and the deer was down. This is the story I heard from the guy who owns the timber and was involved in the hunt so I am going to assume its correct. I wish I would have known this deer was around because I am about certain the land owner would have given me permission to bow hunt!!

Well I know someone that, we presume is the same deer, missed this guy during late muzzy season last year at 100 yards. When I sent the guy the picture he said his stomach immediately began to hurt, because it was the same deer. Congrats to your friend who killed him. Once in a lifetime deer.

Top Bottom