Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Heartbreaker!

ISHEDHUNT

Life Member
Well this buck we nicknamed Heavy D, in 2007 he was a 7 x 5 and I guessed him around 165" or so. A great buck and as luck would have it he came within 5 yards of my tree 2 days in a row, unfortunately it was a couple of days after I had filled my tag. I watched as he passed and promised him a return date in 2008. Well 2008 come and I wasn't able to scoop up his sheds although I do know he had made it through season. Sometime between shedding his antlers and growing the new set I figure he had an encounter with a vehicle. When I first got him on trail cam I thought he wouldn't last a week, but to my surprise I think he is going to make it. Now the bad news, he is a shell of his former self. I'm going to give him a pass this year and hope for the best, but I have a feeling he won't ever be near what he was at 4.5.

DSC07555.jpg

DSC04332.jpg

Chris

Man...that does stink. Maybe next year for him...and maybe some junk on the rack to go along with it.

hoofline.gif

A very dramatic difference, looks like he has been through a lot. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? >>>>>Details Here!<<<<< Join now and you are automatically entered into the 2008 Big Buck Contest!

11.jpg

Iowa's number one resource for the whitetail deer.

King Ranch, so that's a Texas deer or is it IA?

Man, that stinks. I think you're doing what I'd do- by the looks of him maybe he'll be ok for the 2009 season and grow a "regular" rack. Doesn't have bad genetics obviously, I'd be banking on 2009. ONLY reason you'd ever shoot him is to let another mature buck move into the area BUT that sure wouldn't be enough reason for me to shoot him. Cool post though and good luck on 2009 with him!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sligh1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">King Ranch, so that's a Texas deer or is it IA?

</div></div>

I bet its an Iowa deer /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Guys here are some early photos of him, you can see he has come along ways since late May at least body size wise. Also now you can see the ear notch on the bottom of his one ear.
SUNP0169.jpg

SUNP0075.jpg

Chris

Top Bottom