Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Heated insoles?

Batteries die quick, even with the $110 set scheels sells. I loved them until about 10am when it was freezing cold in mid november. My feet get real cold and the only thing that works for me is the Mickey Mouse army boots. Clunky, but feet never get cold in them.

I had a set two years ago and for me they didn't work near like I thought they should. I wore them in and turn them on as soon as I got in stand. I think for some people they will work
depends on how each one of us can take the cold. Sold them on another forum this summer real cheap.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
I used them last season. I need to send them in to see what is wrong with them. I used them snowshoeing and the quite on me, not sure if something in the computer or a loose wire. I have heard that they changed somethings in the new ones, not sure what though. I found that they worked better using thinner wool socks.

Mickey Mouse boots are my fail safe, they always work and if it gets really cold I can put a chemical heater in them. I change into them when I am in the stand or blind. I do not feel comfortable climbing ladders with them on, unless it is a ladder stand.

I use the insoles. They are, NOT,,,super warm,,,just enough to make a difference though. Keep my feet comfortable a while longer. I have the Mickeys too and I thought ,THEY, would be warmer than they are. They are OK though.

The mickey mouse boots were always good but suck on walks over a mile long. I just slip on artic shield boot covers now if it is cold. Just have to put them on right away.

If you get 3-4 hrs in low setting out of them you're doing good. Wouldn't spend the $$ on them if I had to do it over. They help but the covers like artic shields and a good liner sock along with wool socks are probably a cheaper and better investment.

To the person that wore them snow shoeing. If you read the directions they advise no long/strenuous walking in them so if you call in on warranty and say that they may say to bad. FYI. Maybe the pair you bought are different but the ones I got that said that in the use guide. I pack mine in and they help but aren't as good as I hoped.

I use them, but mine have the remote control that I only turn on when my feet start getting cold... Once I've warmed back up I'll turn them off to save the battery life. If I would have one recommendation it would be to buy the ones with removable batteries. Gets to be a pain to pull the insole out to plug in and put back into the boot.

I was just at scheels the other day and a guy was telling me about a vendor they are bringing in just for their heated socks. Said they last quite a bit longer than everyone else. Price point is a little higher and closer to $200. Which is pretty spendy ... I will figure out what the name of the vendor was and report back

I've been wondering how well those work. When it is cold I put my arctic shield boot covers on right away and I also place hand warmers inside the boot covers. I have never had an issue doing it this way. My feet get cold extremely quick because my feet sweat as soon as they see my boots! On longer walks to the stand, I even change my socks when I get in and then put the covers with hand warmers on.

I wear a heated fleece from cabelas. Once I start getting cold I turn it on and it heats up my whole body. If you can heat up your core it helps to warm your extremities. haven't had cold feet since I started wearing it.

Top Bottom