Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Heater Body Suit?

Yeah, they work! Can be a little difficult putting on in the dark 20 feet up in a treestand, but the benefits of dressing light and not building up any perspiration walking into your stand are immense, and you WILL be warm once you zip-up in it.
waytogo.gif

I have been debating this purchase as well! I think they would be great for late Dec stand hunting, but the price is a little stiff for a glorified sleeping bag.

However, I might change my mind if I was able to slip into one on one of those -10 days.
grin.gif

Stickbow-
I have been eyeing one of these for a couple years and I have a couple questions.
How heavy is the suit?
Can you move around on the stand if you need to turn around for a shot, etc?
Is it easy to get out of for a shot?
Is it a pain to pack up in the dark at the end of the day?

Thanks for any answers, that thing looks awesome for really cold days.

Might be worth buying a sleeping bag and doing a little modifying. Cut out a triangle to form the legs, stitch up the top for the shoulders. I know I've seen camo sleeping bags on sale.

Guys.... I can honestly say that I have shared all of your concerns / questions over the past couple of years regarding this heaterbody suit. I finally bought one a month ago and I can say that it is probably the best piece of hunting gear I have ever purchased! It is unbelievably warm (and I am cold blooded)... I have struggled for years staying warm in a treestand after the temps drop below freezing (especially the windchill)... I have the windproof model in Predator Deception Camo. I honestly can't say enough about this suit.... I generally can hunt in it even without gloves on... except on the most bitter cold days I just wear polyprop. long johns, camo pants, and a wool sweater...

Issues to consider: if you are overweight you will have trouble putting the suit on while in your treestand... I sit down after attaching my safety harness, then slip the boot covers on then slip each leg into the suit.... the rest is easy after that... it is very easy to get out of ... I have not had a single deer show any awareness of me unzipping the suit at close range.... I will definately be using it this weekend!!!

Another point to ponder: Most guys wouldn't flinch at paying the same or more for a trailcam... but you will never get that BIG buck sitting back at camp trying to get warm.

One additional point... they don't advertise this, but in the info. they send with the suit they offer an UNCONDITIONAL 90 day Money back guarantee if you are not satisfied for any reason with the suit.

Any specific questions for those who are seriously considering one just PM me and I will get back to you...
smile.gif

I want one. I really wish I would have bought it instead of spending almost the same amount on an Arctic Shield bibs and parka. The bibs are nice, but the parka is noisy. It cost me a nice buck when I went to draw my bow.
mad.gif
It should be fine for stand hunting the gun season tomorrow, but I won't bowhunt in it again. I got the parka at Sierra Trading so at least I didn't pay full price.
crazy.gif

The 'Suit' will be on my list for next year. With the insane amount of disposable hand/foot/body warmers that I buy, it should pay for itself in a few years.
grin.gif

Kat,

It is interesting that you mention the heat packs... I was just thinking last night while getting some of my gear ready that I have not used a single heat pack this year! ... and I have hunted more cold days than any other year... you won't regret buying a heater body suit... they are very quiet.

All of this is making me cold already and I'm not even out in it yet. Good grief. Those things do look comfy.

i too have thought about buying one. but have had visions of slipping off my treestand and bobbing around, stuck like a big old cocoon.
shrug[1].gif

Cornfed did a good job of answering some of the questions about the heater Body Suit, but here's my take on it..The Heater Body Suit weighs only six pounds and rolls up into a compact bundle which you can carry using the built-in backpack straps, or in a seperate backpack like I do. (The ULTIMATE backpack sold by the same company is ideal for this)

I dress in medium weight clothing for the hike into the stand so that I do not get sweated up. Once you are wet, your odds of staying warm on stand in cold weather are near zero! (Remember, you still have to get to/back from your stand and you may have to track your game, so don't dress TOO lightly for the conditions when you are out of your suit either)

Once I am in my stand and SAFELY HARNESSED I slip on the insulated booties right over my boots, step into the Heater Body Suit, and zip it up. By wearing a neck gaiter and warm hat, or a full facemask that tucks into the neck opening I am completely sealed from the outside cold.

Like a giant mitten/sleeping bag, your body heat is contained inside a windproof, chamois lined cover which will unzip silently and fall free from your shoulders w/ little movement and no sound, and not interfere with your shooting at all.

I've used while bow & gun hunting and it has never cost me a shot yet, and while yes- it is expensive, I never would have been able to take the shots I have taken out of it had I not been out there, and to me that makes it well worth the money in the long run!

Don't forget too, If it doesn't keep you warm....they'll give you your money BACK!!
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom