Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Heater Body Suit?

ironwood

I am considering buying one of these for my wife who would spend more time with us in the woods if she could take the cold. She is one of those ladies who freezes her butt off with the AC running at 78 degrees.

Does anybody have any experience with these? At $300 it's a major investment, but would be well worth it to keep her comfortable.

I think I posted this question last year and didn't get much of a response. I was considering one myself, but couldn't find anyone who had tried them out. They look like they would work pretty well once you hunted in them a few times. Scent control would be my only real concern with them I guess.
CRITR

I would say it would be much like carrying a slleping bag with arms and legs attached. Warm but not to practical except for extreme conditions 0 and lower temps.
I have not tryed them but that is my take on it until i see one first hand. 450$ is a lot of ching to spend.

I know Brenda Valentine gives it good reviews. I get cold easily too, but I haven’t used it because of the bulk of carrying it around, plus I wouldn’t feel safe on stand while standing up and especially turning around to shoot the other side or behind the tree. I want to feel something solid under my feet - the platform, not a sleeping bag.

What I do to keep warm is use those handwarmer heater things above my toes in between a layer of wool socks, plus in my gloves and a big one in a hand warmer that goes around my waist for if my hands still get cold. Make sure my neck and most of my face is covered, two layers of long underwear plus pants, several hoodies and coat topped off with coveralls if necessary underneath my scentblocker gear. How many layers depends on how cold it is, obviously. I kind of end up looking like the Michelin Man sometimes (remember the doe pic,) but its toasty. This year I think I might try those therapeutic pain relief heat thingys that you stick on your skin. The commercial said they last up to 8 hours. On those really really cold days I bet they would feel good on the back of your neck and lower back.

I have no personal knowledge of the Heater Body Suit. However if I may make a suggestion re: clothing.

One of the most effective ways I have found to assist in retention of body heat on extremely cold days is warm head gear and a bandanna or kerchief.

Ninety percent of a human’s body heat is dissipated through the carotid arteries in the neck and blood vessels in the scalp. Keeping these areas covered will result in more body heat and a pleasant hunt on cold winter days.

The Michelin Man wearing a bandana...
30577-rotflmao1.gif

400Doe_003s-med.JPG

I think the wind chill was below zero that day. You're right Blake, it works.
smile.gif

Top Bottom