Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Help a rookie

0311grunt

Seen some does tonight, they were out of my shooting lanes and to far away for me to take an ethical shot at something anyway, but I heard a buck grunt that must have been following them , he was not in sight yet and was hanging back, I used a doe bleat to see if I could get him headed my way and did nothing but scared the doe off and never seen the buck, at this time of the rut what is best to entice a buck your way? Thanks for the help!

If the buck is with/following a hot doe, its almost impossible to pull it away. I've never had one leave a doe. Just hope the doe comes your way, because the buck will follow.

Agree with Lyon. Otherwise, you could of used a breeding grunt to try to sway him away from the doe. It's a slow, low, long, drawn out grunt.

Question: Were you using a 'can' call bleat or grunt tube with a bleat option?

Last edited:
If the buck is with/following a hot doe, its almost impossible to pull it away. I've never had one leave a doe. Just hope the doe comes your way, because the buck will follow.

What he said. I watched a buck bedded with a doe Wednesday and had another buck chasing a doe all over. They were grunting and bleating all over and he just watched and never even stood up. Only hope is for that doe to bring him to you.

Top Bottom