Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Help, deer tracks

Haus86 said:
That is a big buck track. The heavier the deer the wider the splaying of the track. The splaying in that track is not just due to mud. Tracks that are 4 fingers wide are heavier deer. I would take a close look at the tracks you find. They can tell you a lot especially when locating buck bedding areas. Don't get caught up in all of the gadgets and learn the basics first.

Great, thanks for the tip

Like dedgeez said, great track but don't put too much into it. If indeed it's a nice buck, he may not even be around come fall. Get a trail cam or two up around the field edge to take inventory this summer.

Also, what seasons are you planning to hunt? In all honesty, instead of committing to get your first buck, commit to getting a good, clean kill and progress from there. Good luck!

I agree with dannyboy. I think you will find that killing ANY mature deer is a rush that is tough to beat. If you set the bar low you will be just as happy with a nice doe especially if you plan on hunting with archery tackle. JMHO. GOOD LUCK!!!

Top Bottom