Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Help-Old Broadheads

ISHEDHUNT

Life Member
I went to an auction today and picked up a box full of older archery stuff. They said the Gentleman had been bow hunting 50 years. In this box was quite a few old broadheads. I'm just looking for some info on how to identify them. I haven't taken a real close look at them, but the ones I could read something on said Howard Hill. Here ia a photo of some of the stash.
aaron024.jpg

aaron025.jpg

Chris

Lot of old Bear Razorheads, then some Herter's that are the same green color but heavier.. Howard hills are the long skinny ones the four wider ones are Ben Pearson Deadheads. Bears are excellent to use, Howard Hills are too but tough to sharpen.. Herter's was famous for trying to rip someone else off, and I haven't ever really heard any good of the Herter's heads other than they were inexpensive in their day..
Probably a bunch of Trad archers that would like to take the Deadheads off your plate.
Curious about the one with the razor blades glued to it.. It looks like an old Bodkin, but can't be sure.. The 3 bladed one next to it is what looks like a 160 gr Snuffer.. Another really good head.
If you want to email me a better picture I can maybe do it a bit more justice.
The little one inhte lower right looks to be what's left of a LaFonds

The modern day style head that has the split ring holder is a Savora. It is the one with 3 blades in the middle of the bottom row.

Nice find
grin.gif
Interesting to see the changes over the years. Looks like we've come a long way. I tried sharping some of them for a freind 25 years ago not a easy job!
shocked.gif

Earl pretty much nailed it...and I agree that the ones in the middle are bodkins. The Deadheads are fun to shoot as they whistle like a songbird.
grin.gif

Top Bottom