Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Help! Quality rubber boots..

Scooonie

I'm looking to purchase a good pair of rubber boots. Something that will last me a couple of years and will keep my feet warm during the cold days of hunting season. I've bought some cheapo boots over the last cpl of years that were up to 1000 grams of insulate but they did not do the job. Any suggestions would be great!

i got the cabelas 1200 , warm but bulky and heavy . my buddy has the muck woody max and loves them . thats what Im going to get next year.

lacrosse and rockie b oth make a decent rubber boot in the 12-1500g area, scheels now has there brand rubber boots in 2400g as well.

I'm a fan of LaCrosse as well. Muck boots look good but last I heard that every burr on the planet will stick to them. NO THANK YOU.

LaCrosse Burly 1200's work great for me and last for years if you take care of them. Last pair lasted me 5 years and were around $100.

I'm a fan of LaCrosse as well. Muck boots look good but last I heard that every burr on the planet will stick to them. NO THANK YOU.

I personally am a pants over the boot guy, but burrs would be a very minor problem if I wasn't. Both are good boots no doubt, I just prefer more of a shoe type feel with ankle flexibility and Muck provides that for me. :way:

Only insulated rubber boots I have owned are the Cabela's Comfort Trac 800 gram. Like I said, I have no decent comparision history but I have been very satisfied with these boots. Excellent grip.

Im a fan of the Irish Setter 800 gram half rubber half neoprene type material, kinda pricey though ran me about 150 bucks but they are def worth it.

LaCrosse Burly 800s...3 years and still going strong. I also have a pair of LaCrosse Burly uninsulated and those are what I normally wear for above freezing temps.

I've tried to find something in between to cover all weather conditions and I've come to the conclusion the best setup is 2 pairs of Lacrosse Burly's. One uninsulated and one pair of either 1000 or 1200 gram. Go big or go home. :D

My honest opinion, they don't make a decent pair of rubber boots. I have tried most of them, and I tear them apart in a year or less every time. The Lacrosse Burlies I have now are the best I've had yet, but the inside has worn out and the rubber tears my feet apart. Maybe I am harder on boots than most people, but I never had a problem before rubber boots. I am officially going back to the "old style" hunting boot from before the rubber boot craze.

I have had my lacrosse burly 1000 boots for 6 seasons now and they have held up great!!!

Once they are worn, you can bet I will be getting another pair.

I've got both the Muck woody sport for warmer weather hunting and Alpha Burley 1500's for cold weather. Both have been great boots but IMO the Alpha, despite being quite a bit heavier, are more comfortable. A guy really can't go wrong with either though

I agree but I do like the Muck Woody Max. I purchased a pair of Muck Woody Armor this year which are all rubber, easier on & off like the neopreme topped ones. I like them a lot, very warm too & no hitch hikers!

Top Bottom