Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

help scoring this 8 pt guy

135ish would me my guess Lacks mass and tinelength and number of tines needed for a big score. Heck of an 8 point though! good luck with him.

He may lack tine length but them big beams and nice spread make up for it. He's definitely mid 40's might break 50's depending on his mass. Can't really tell mass from this picture. Awesome 8pt though for sure.

135ish would me my guess Lacks mass and tinelength and number of tines needed for a big score. Heck of an 8 point though! good luck with him.

I agree. Width and main beam length are good but tine length, mass and the fact he's only an 8 will keep him under 140. Still a nice deer.

HA HA, 120's...are you serious?

That deer has around 20 inch spread probably 20 inch plus main beams...he'll gross 40's no problem and might make 50's.

Im curious to see how you guys get 150? truely you can only see 1 antler because the other is behind a tree so this is going of the one antler. g1 4inchs, g2 10 inchs, g3 6 inchs, mainbeam 21 inchs, h1 4 inchs, h2 3 inchs, h3 3inchs. that would give him 51 inchs on the antler we can see assuming the other is close you get 102 add a 20 inch spread you get 122 so give the deer around 10 more inchs that may not be visible in the photo and get 132ish. still have to find 18 more inchs of antler to hit 150

I'll agree no 150" deer. You forgot to add in the 4th H measurement even though he is an 8 pt. You still take a measurement half way between the G3 and the end of the beam. So add 6" total to what you got and I would say pretty close. 128-138 Big frame though

looks almost identical to one a buddy shot acouple years ago was wide and tall, seriously looks like the twin he shot and it scored 122 and some change,... might be different if we had a side view to but im still sticking to 120s... Just shoot him then well see for sure

looks almost identical to one a buddy shot acouple years ago was wide and tall, seriously looks like the twin he shot and it scored 122 and some change,... might be different if we had a side view to but im still sticking to 120s... Just shoot him then well see for sure

We shall have to agree to disagree then because I think your mass and main beam measurements are off. I calculated 21"beams, 4" G1, 8"G2, 7"G3 and 5" H1&H2, with 4" H3&H4...puts him at 59 inches per antler, add in a 20" spread and he's 138.

I agree that a side view would help, but I'm also guessing he's wider than 20 and his beams are probably longer than 21...if his tines are longer it wouldn't be impossible for this buck to reach 150. IMO, he's certainly a lot closer to 140 than he is 120.

I guess we both have our horses in this race and this buck just needs to be harvested and have the tape put to him so we know who get braggin rights besides the harvesting hunter:way:

Top Bottom