Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

help with OAK I.D.

Buck-Man

picture.php
What kind of oak is this?
forum

Last edited:
Man im no expert but it looks white to me. I harvest the acorns and plant the in other places.

Those are some huge acorns! :way:

I was walking down the street in Graz, Austria, headed to tour the Eggenberg Castle, when I noticed the sidewalk was littered with huge acorns. I SOOOO wanted to pocket some but thought they might frown at that when I went through customs.

No doubt in my mind that is an English oak. English oak acorns look a lot like white oak acorns, but are more elongated.

Never seen any growing where I can watch deer, but i'd be surprised if they were any less desirable than any other white oak acorn.

Not familiar with English oaks at all - obviously not a native species right? I'd be shocked if deer didn't gobble those up.

I know of a free source of english oak acorns in SE Iowa if anyone is interested. I know of one tree at least that was loaded with acorns this summer. You would have to mail me a dozen or so to central iowa for the info...:D PM me.

Top Bottom