Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Help with Remington 870 scope setup

deerhunter93

I bought an Remington 870 express last year and decided to bow hunt turkeys the past two years. I am going back to the shotgun this year and I was wondering what you guys recommended for a scope setup on this gun. I think I want a scope over a red dot but if I should be looking otherwise let me know. I don't have anything (scope, rings, or the mount). I don't want/need to spend a ton on a scope. If I could get everything for under $100 that would be the best. Thanks for the help!

I have a Redot scope w/870 saddlemount attached for about that price. PM me if Interested......

Huge red dot fan. I don't like any magnification on a turkey gun. Don't want the target looking closer than it actually is. I drilled and tapped my 870 for a base.

What kind of red dot should I be looking at? I know absolutely nothing about them as I have never owned one. Thanks!

I have a saddlemount and a red dot on my 870 and love it! I would definetly stick with a red dot for turkey.

What kind of red dot should I be looking at? I know absolutely nothing about them as I have never owned one. Thanks!

I've got an old Pro Point on mine. Had it for 10-12 years and still working flawlessly. I put a Bushnell on my daughters gun this past season and really like it. I think its a new model they came out with last year. Its very small which I like. Half the size of my propoint. I gave 99 bucks for it at my local sporting good store. I've seen them on Ebay in the $80 range. A shotguns recoil is pretty abusive on optics. I know you can buy cheaper red dots for 30-40 bucks but I don't know how they'll withstand the abuse. I'm not doubting them, I've just never tried them. Hope this helps. I think you'll really like going with a red dot

The one i'd be willing to sell you is a Bushnell Trophy and has 4 different reticle settings. It's hardly been used. I'd include the scope and the mount (which are already attached to eachother) for $100 or we can work out a trade.

Top Bottom