Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Help with Switchgrass herbicide

Sluggunner

Sluggunner
I want to plant switchgrass between rows of 5'-7' tall pines, oaks, and other misc. trees. What herbicide can I spray now that will help control weeds and not harm the trees and the switchgrass I plan to plant this spring?

Switchgrass and trees do not mix very well. Switch needs sunlight, trees block sunlight. Switch needs burnt to be well maintained, trees do not like fire. The two that close don't seem like a good combo. I know Dbltree plants clover, and other food plots plants between his tree plantings... good way to utilize space!

I understand that trees will block the sunlight, but the trees are currently not tall enough to block the sunlight. I plan to thin the pines in the center of the stand to allow sunlight as needed. I want more cover while the trees grow...

Switchgrass and trees don't mix...switch has to be burned and that's not possible in your scenario.

If you decide to try it anyway....atrazine and simazine are safe on both trees and switchgrass...;)

Top Bottom