Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

help

wallhanger

friends
i have been asked by the landowner of where i hunt to fill his landowners tag. he recently hs had a heart operation and will not be able to hunt. he wants the deer to eat him self can i legal do this. i am a very down to the rules hunter. i have bowhunted for the last 25 years and have only killed 11 deer. which is irrelevent but i hope you see my issue. i eat what i shoot therefore i only fill one for my self. i know it is legal to give your deer away as long as the tag and etc goes with the deer (of course)
i have never ever had or even close to had any game violations in my life and dont plan on it today. i respect the dnr and i want to keep our right to hunt and etc. please let me know youre thoughts are much appreciated

Filling his tag during archery season is illegal. Party hunting with a shotgun season tag is legal, but only if he is actively participating in the hunt.

Could you get a doe tag for yourself and give that to him?? Just a thought.

NWBuck

Filling his tag during archery season is illegal. Party hunting with a shotgun season tag is legal, but only if he is actively participating in the hunt.

Could you get a doe tag for yourself and give that to him?? Just a thought.

NWBuck
Good idea right there. :way:

Yes I agree with NWbuck.Maybe you can shoot a doe on your tag and give it to him.That would be easy for me to do.Its hard enough to find land to hunt nowdays.I would do everything I could LEGALLY to keep a good relationship with the landowners.

thanks guys i appreciate your help i am gonna buy a doe tag today i have never bought a doe tag before i usually try for a nice buck and if i dont get one so be it not filling my deer has never bothered me i just truly enjoy the time in the woods. and please dont get me wrong im not against shooting does i just have never filled more than one tag in a year ever. i dont gun hunt not against it just love the bow and arrow and the rut.

by the way the landowner is a older person and truly a nice person that i dont think means to do wrong either. i am gonna talk to him today about it so he knows as well. he alot of times waits for me at my truck to see how i did and seen i feel sorry for him he loves to hunt but his ageing body wont let him. he had to retire from farming this year to and rented out his cropland and sold his cows.

thanks guys

Good call on getting the tag yourself. Maybe with a quick recovery he will still make it out to hunt yet this year.

Top Bottom