HELP!!!

Pupster

Okay guys here's a little problem I've been faced with. I have had the pleasure of being robbed 2 times in the last 6 months. The thieves are targeting my boat and fishing equiptment (2 outboard motors). So I'm thinking of setting up a trail camera and "baiting" them with a depth finder or a motor or such. My concern is that if\when I get them in the act that they will just destroy the camera.
Please give me any advise as to setting , securing etc...I don't even have a camera but will search for one to borrow and will figure out how to set it when the time comes.

Thanks in advance.

Pupster

Sorry to hear it. Hope you get those guys. My only advice is not to use a flash. Hide it and you might be alright. You might want to have it take a pic of you next to the boat so you can see if you can hear the pic take or not. Good luck.

I know that when i was younger that we had some people coming into are house and taking stuff, so we talked to the cops and they let us borrow a motion video camera. maybe try that first instead of a trail cam.

Digital cameras are quieter than film. You might as well look for one of them to borrow; it will make a difference in stealth. Good luck and if you’re successful don’t forget to share your results with us.

sounds like a job for the Nocturnal Nailer
shocked.gif
(Vman's new IR motion activated video unit)

that sure sucks, i hope you catch them, I dont know much about trail cams, but i would think if you could get one high in the air and face it down maybe you could get them on tape, dont know if that would work though. or put out the bait, and sit back with a paintball gun and hope they come by
smile.gif
I would be worried about setting out a trolling motor, having them take it and the camera didnt work.
frown.gif
goodluck

Pupster,

Onecam is correct! The Nocternal Nailer will catch them for you. If you have a place to hide a small box, this will get them. It has no flash and will video in total darkness.

Pm me for some details

I'm going to bait them with a nice looking (but doesn't run) trolling motor. I'm actually going to make it so easy for them that they can't resist it.

I kind of feel like a game warden planting that big buck decoy just inside the timber waiting for someone to shoot at it out the window!

Ironwood,
Believe me I would love to sread the culprits face on here for you! What really pisses me off is This last motor was padlocked. It was also a gift from my grandfather, so the sentimental value makes it worth a litlle more to me personally.

If you have any more advice feel free to share it.

Thanks
Pupster

something that uses infrared will be great. sounds like vman has ya covered.

good luck

No no I am just enjoying the exchange. I can't spell and do not want to be afraid to post here. I am simply laughing at the slams.
doah.gif

Back