Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Herbicide "holders"

aimfirst

Hi All - I have been doing some cutting of ironwood/shingle oaks recently(and over the years) and I routinely get beat down by putting down my herbicide(usually tordon rtu) running the chainsaw then having to put down the saw and grab the herbicide for application. Do any of you have some kind of belt holder idea where it is more readily available? a buddy and I talked about modifying a chainsaw to squirt out the herbicide as a great option....but that was just an idea over a beer and probably isn't technically possible anyways:eek:. just looking for any hints you guys might have...thanks.

Back when I worked for a forestry consultant we did a ton of TSI and buckthorn control. We used metal strapping to 'form a holster' around our chemical spray applicators. You can fasten them using small bolts and nuts. You can add a loop for your belt. They work well and one can be made in 10-15 minutes. I dont have very good pictures but I hope this helps.
We also wrapped the strapping in duct tape so it wouldn't rub and put holes in the tank.
picture.php

picture.php

Welllll, I wonder what would happen if you used tordon rtu instead of bar oil? You try it first and let me know how it works.;)

I will try something with that plumbers strap idea.

Truth be told the only time I have had an accident with my chainsaw was switching it to my left hand after felling a small tree while sitting on my right knee and I reached for the tordon with my right hand and it cut my left knee( focused on reaching for the tordon while chain hadn't stopped). Dumb mistake and it stays with me every time I paint stumps.

Top Bottom